best heat rejection tint?

Guest mike_c70

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
Also, does anyone have the link to the formula one pinnacle tint website?

Pinnacle has not made it to the FormulaOne web site. You'll just have to leave the puter for a bit and go see a dealer... or call the 800 number on the F1 website and you may find yourself eventually speaking to me(tint). :lol

May I suggest one buy American made... the US economy could use the boost... :dunno

A-Pro (FormulaOne) in the LA area are top-notch...

Guest mike_c70

THanks metint. Do you have FormulaOne's website. I tried google but have a hard time locating it. Also, do you have a phone number for A-Pro? Thanks a bunch!

No, metint wouldn't recommend Suntek to you, as they are a competitor of the manufacturer for whom metint works for, which incidentally makes the pinnacle line of film. But don't listen to me either, as I'm biased as well, being a Huper dealer.

Guest metint
Awesome. Thanks man! Oh yeah, I went to a tint shop and they recommended Suntek to me, any good?

ST (Commonwealth Coating & Laminating) is an up and coming converter located right across town from CPF... they are similar to Johnson Window Films in that they outsource for all components and put film together through known constructions. These companies fill a niche in the market for affordable film for the consumer.

ST has been on the professional side of film making for approximately 4-5 years after many years making the Axius line of film that you will still find at Walmart, which by-the-by competes directly with CPF's Gila line of do-it-yourself film. DIY films are for the truly serious penny pinchers.

Is it good? :thumbAsk someone who has installed it for the entire time it has been available professionally, not one who has been installing it for a few months or a couple of years.

Guest metint
No, metint wouldn't recommend Suntek to you, as they are a competitor of the manufacturer for whom metint works for, which incidentally makes the pinnacle line of film.? But don't listen to me either, as I'm biased as well, being a Huper dealer.

:thumb Wouldn't dare...

metint Posted: Jul 18 2004, 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Steeve @ Jul 18 2004, 06:40 AM)

It's not as hot and sunny here so I am glad to see how the products work in places like Texas and Florida.? I don't want to have to deal with purple bubbled tint in 2 3 years.? Price is not a big issue for me at this point.?

Sounds like you should go with huper or vkool if price isn't the issue... new kids on the block... user friendly a 6-7 on a scale of 10. Mostly from the increased effort needed to remove moisture from beneath the film during install and its limitations in heat forming capability.

A good value film would be LLuLLu's ATR CH (LLumastar)... the work horse of their auto film line up... and very user friendly 8-9 on a scale of 10. I'd give it a 10 out of 10, but they roll the film on different from other makers and the jury's still out on the color-stable claim, so nix 1-2 point. Nobody's perfect!

If you want to stand out with a familiar name then 3M would be your best bet... it's a household name... as for user friendly, I'd give it a 5-6 on a scale of 10. Difficult to heat form and has a detactifier that needs washing away from the adhesive.

Suntek's another new kid on the block... up and coming... 7-8 on a scale of 10... a little leery of life expectancy... although very user friendly.

Guest mike_c70

Well, right now, my two options are HO and F1 PInnacle tint but given the cost of HO (which is about double what they would charge me for F1), I might go with the F1. I'll give A-Pro a call.

Archived