Sales tax on tint?

Guest dinan323

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Indiana, Labor is not taxed. Yes, I break it down on the receipt, but nobody ever asks why the film is so cheap and the labor so much.

If they do, I'll just tell them that I'd be more than happy to charge more for the film if they want to pay more taxes.

Guest striper

YOU CAN PAY IT OR YOUR COUSTOMER CAN. we charge tax on the complete job. never had any complaints because that is the way its suspose to be in KY. subject thoughly researched with the state and accountant. breaking it down would be a real hassle. :lol

Our province is wacky...if I tint an automobile..it's 15% taxes!(7% GST + 8% PST )

If I tint a building or home...it's only the 8%GST

What's the difference you ask ?

One set of windows is mobile...the other set of windows is secured on foundation :lol:lol

Guest doitalldave
Our province is wacky...if I tint an automobile..it's 15% taxes!(7% GST + 8% PST )

If I tint a building or home...it's only the 8%GST

What's the difference you ask ?

One set of windows is mobile...the other set of windows is secured on foundation  :dunno  :lol2

[*]265778

here in california there is no tax on labor ............. its how you right up invoice........

I think that is right....... :dunno

Guest wftech
I dont charge tax on labor or material just on accesories. stereos amps ETC...

[*]289515

In Texas my interpretation of the tax code suggests the following. On automotive we are considered remodelers, so we have to collect tax on the full job, parts and labor (see Rule 3.292). On residential we would be contractors and we would not charge the customer any tax, but would have to pay tax on the film when we purchase it (see Rule 3.291). On commercial we would be considered remodelers of nonresidential real property and would have to collect tax on the full job (see Rule 3.357). I gather from this thread others in Texas don't share this interpretation of our tax code? Would love to hear your thoughts.

wftech :beer

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

in cali I thought there was no tax on tint because I pay it when I purchase it, but the state board of equalization notified me about two months ago that if my materials are more than 10% of the total cost on an auto that I should be charging tax. So if they get pushy I'll have to prove to them that my tint doesn't exceed 10% of what I charge. that sucks!!!

Guest LaNdShaRk130

How it works here is simple...if the windows move (eg. auto) it's 15% taxes

If the windows are stationary (eg. house,building) it's 8%taxes

[*]228637

I charge sales tax on autos only...no tax on residential or commerical. I was told that if it is considered a perment item being installed no tax...

:dunno Same here

[*]246534

Is that what you should do TW?

But I guess if it works for you right?

Archived