Third brake light

Guest Guest_Braud Spectrum

Guest Guest_Braud Spectrum

I have always had a fit with these. Both Fords and Mercurys. This one happened to be a 96 Marquis. It comes out just fine...just two screws...but those dumb plastic things that hold the screws want to slide out of positon on the plastic teethy things and I can never align them correctly to get the screws back in. I fought it for at least twenty minutes today. Finally I took the slider piece with the screw hole completely out and stuck them up in the light itself, screwed them in and was miraculously able to slide them back in all as one unit. But naturally rolleyes.gif I had forgotten to plug the stupid thing in so I had to start all over. :lol ...Not without some severe cussing. Is there an easier way? :lol

Guest Braud Spectrum

You mean the go right back in for you without sliding out of position, Pie ? :lol I gotta be doing something wrong then when I take them out.

:lol By server do you mean my ISP ? Everyone's Internet is my ISP.

Guest FastBackJack

I take both the plastic pieces out, then after Im done I push both in like 3 clicks each. Then lay the light on top, line up the holes, and boom Im done. As long as you line them up with the same amount of clicks you shoulnt have a prob. :lol

im prettr sure they go right back in bs. but alot of things I do has become habbit and I forget what I do at times but I think that wouls stand out in my memory. I do know that on some cars . I put one screw in then have to move the light a little bit to get the ohter in. but its never that much of a pain. just look an the side when I see the hole im there

by server I mean aol comcast msn I use comcast as my server maybe its aproblem with that

Guest Braud Spectrum

FBJ you know, I never counted the clicks. Just eyeball um before I start with the light assembly. One side goes good then the other is not there. Then I take it back apart and fix the bad one and then the other one is screwed up. I don't usually take the plastic pieces out and I am probably the one moving them out of whack with my arm while I'm tinting the back window. The whole thing doesn't seem to hold worth a poop anyway bending and moving around . Today while trying to make it go back together, in order to see what was going on in there I actually had the bottom plastic out too... and it's just a useless long screw poked in a hole and another stem beside that that goes in another little hole. Kinda rinky dink if you ask me.

I will take those top plastic things out and start counting clicks on the way back in the next time and see if that helps. Even better would be if I never have to see another Ford again. :lol6

Archived