heat gun

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was comparing. No weights but it looks lighter then the big metal ones. The PC airflow is about 50% higher at max, temp about 100 degrees lower, and price is half the Steinel. Looks like a very nice heatgun without the constant variable heat and air speed that I like. I need to build my own :thumb

Guest BCCwintint

I use a heavy duty Milwaukee, and I like it. But I'm open to use any heat gun that the experienced ones here use. (If I can afford it, that is.) :thumb

the Stienel I bought was around $100 I got it from CR Lawrence I never paid $220.

keep in mind that maufacturers sometimes sell at a higher price to keep from competeing with thier distributors :thumb I just posted thier web site for the info not the sale its really a light gun too.

Guest tintgod

the craftsman also has a led readout that tells you how hot it is.. :spit

I used the craftsman with the LED readout for the first time. This thing is great!

Not too heavy and did a great job on the back glass 96 Camry (5% suntek HP)

Has 1 year replacement warranty even for commercial use.I tried to get an extended warranty but they dont offer it.

BTW I used to use a big red milwauke that looks like a PC....I hated that thing.

:lol6 ..told you.....now I just have to convince the others not to get the pc :spit

Guest youngbuisnessman

the craftsman also has a led readout that tells you how hot it is.. :bingo

I used the craftsman with the LED readout for the first time. This thing is great!

Not too heavy and did a great job on the back glass 96 Camry (5% suntek HP)

Has 1 year replacement warranty even for commercial use.I tried to get an extended warranty but they dont offer it.

BTW I used to use a big red milwauke that looks like a PC....I hated that thing.

:dunno ..told you.....now I just have to convince the others not to get the pc :evilgrin

[*]206849

Do you guys have a link for the craftsman with the led readout maybe?

Guest redgtxdi

What about for someone only doing VERY intermittent tinting??

I've gotta redo a couple of my cars.......(gettin' long in the tint-tooth)........and I still need to learn *shrinking* (wet or dry).

Any suggestions on a cheapo???

(I saw a $30 heatgun at PepBoys the other day)

I don't think I'll be a master at shrinking right away, but having tinted since '87 I don't think it'll take me long.

Also..........anybody got any recommendation on air-flow vs. heatflow?? (I'm assuming the less airflow the better??)

Also......out of curiosity........for you guys w/ the LCD temps.........what temp seems to work best for you in shrinking??

Thanks!

Actually more airflow...adjustable airflow is best!

Oh and I am still looking for the perfect heatgun :beer

I used the red Milwalkee for about a year and a half then switch to to black wagner, back to the red milwalkee, then the orange B&D (until it blew up in my hand) now I am back to the red M again :lol2!

Archived