heat gun

Guest redgtxdi

What about for someone only doing VERY intermittent tinting??

I've gotta redo a couple of my cars.......(gettin' long in the tint-tooth)........and I still need to learn *shrinking* (wet or dry).

Any suggestions on a cheapo???

(I saw a $30 heatgun at PepBoys the other day)

I don't think I'll be a master at shrinking right away, but having tinted since '87 I don't think it'll take me long.

Also..........anybody got any recommendation on air-flow vs. heatflow?? (I'm assuming the less airflow the better??)

Also......out of curiosity........for you guys w/ the LCD temps.........what temp seems to work best for you in shrinking??

Thanks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually more airflow...adjustable airflow is best!

Oh and I am still looking for the perfect heatgun :beer

I used the red Milwalkee for about a year and a half then switch to to black wagner, back to the red milwalkee, then the orange B&D (until it blew up in my hand) now I am back to the red M again :lol2!

Guest tintgod
Actually more airflow...adjustable airflow is best! 

Oh and I am still looking for the perfect heatgun :beer 

I used the red Milwalkee for about a year and a half then switch to to black wagner, back to the red milwalkee, then the orange B&D (until it blew up in my hand) now I am back to the red M again :lol2!

[*]330014

no one ever listens to me.... CRAFTMANS HEAT GUN DAMIT!! :hmmm

I doubt antbody does it this way, but it works for me.

I have 2 milwakee's permanently strapped together for back windows and milwakee for each side of the car :beer

Actually more airflow...adjustable airflow is best!?

Oh and I am still looking for the perfect heatgun :lol?

I used the red Milwalkee for about a year and a half then switch to to black wagner, back to the red milwalkee, then the orange B&D (until it blew up in my hand) now I am back to the red M again :lol6!

[*]330014

no one ever listens to me.... CRAFTMANS HEAT GUN DAMIT!! :lol2

[*]330020

Actually I will be buying this one next :beer

Do you have the $50 or $100 one :hmmm

I doubt antbody does it this way, but it works for me.

I have 2 milwakee's permanently strapped together for back windows and  milwakee for each side of the car  :lol2

[*]330023

I wonder what would be cheeper, an extenson cord that could reach arround a car or a couple of extra heat guns :lol:lol

actually thats a good idea in casr one burns up you dont hafta run to the store :bingo

I wonder what would be cheeper,  an extenson cord that could reach arround a car or a couple of extra heat guns :lol  :lol2

actually thats a good idea in casr one burns up you dont hafta run to the store :bingo

[*]330217

cost is the least of my concern whe nit comes to tools of the trade ..your either in the biz or your not. whe nI built my tint bay, I had an electrical outlet put in every five ft..I h@te having cords to trip over everywhere.

As far as heatguns go, as I say, I have 2 strapped together permanent , one for each side of the car , in my mobile kit (which I don't use anymore) I have th same + 2 extra guns..a total of 10 working heatguns ..I made a habit of buying 1 a yr wether I needed it or not :lol

Archived