Auto tinter needed!! in Denver, CO

Guest denvertinter

Guest denvertinter

My name is Evan Hamilton, and I'm opening a new tint shop in the beginning of August, so I'm actively looking for a auto tinter in the South Denver, CO area. No flames regarding my # of posts please - I asked for permission, and thetintdude ok'd it already. :D

I've been selling flat glass tinting for a few shops locally over the past 2 years, and have decided to venture off on my own. I'm a former .com / technology sales manager that has been *forced* (or nudged) into a new career path.

I'm located in sunny Denver Colorado, where there's over 320 days of sunshine a year (more than San Diego and Dallas I've read). It's a great tinting market and most of the guys I know that run tint shops (and their tinters) do very well. The new shop has 3 bays (one may be sub-leased initially) and will offer auto and flat glass (sub contracted initially).

I need to find someone that is:

1. A good tinter (quality, experience, & speed)

2. Trust worthy (honest)

3. Ambitious

The "problem" is that its a new shop. Even though I've got a lot of experience selling flat glass, it may take a little while to grow both the auto and flat glass business where everyone is making a lot of $. I'm hopeful that the auto biz pays the bills initially, and it grows from there.

The location is AMAZING, with store / sign frontage on a main road that has 35,000 plus daily traffic counts. And, there's only one other *average* tint shop that's close (within 8 miles). Also, 4 new car dealerships are currently under construction within walking distance which should help the cause. I'm hopeful that the shop will average 3-5 cars a day early on, and grow to around 8-12 a day (with another tinter of course).

Ideally, after the first year or two, I'd like to have the "head tinter" become the shop manager and open a new location on the other side of town.

I'd prefer to find a local tinter, but am realizing that the timing isn't great currently since most shops are very busy right now. While I can't afford to pay for a relocation up-front, I would consider working out something where the (reasonable) cost is covered through a higher commission % on the work till it's paid off - for the right tinter. And if you can move yourself (U-Haul / Ryder), I'd be happy to bring the beer and help move you in. :hug

Let me know if you're interested (post or PM), and feel free to send your info or a resume to thehamiltons00@attbi.com

Guest denvertinter

Hmmm...

4 days and nada. not looking good.

Also, if anyone knows of a car tinter in Denver that might be interested, please have them contact me.

At least there's not 15 "not so nice" posts here. :dunno

Guest thetintshop

I think this may be your problem---

2. Trust worthy (honest)

3. Ambitious

the tinters that fit all three of your criteria, already own their own shops.

the other tinters are only gonna fit 1 out 3 at best. :gay

Guest denvertinter
I think this may be your problem---

2. Trust worthy (honest)

3. Ambitious

the tinters that fit all three of your criteria, already own their own shops.

the other tinters are only gonna fit 1 out 3 at best. :thumb

still no response... anyone out there in Denver looking for a new tint shop to call home??

as for your assessment tintshop, I'd be happy with 2 out of the 3 (preferably the first 2), but understand what you're saying.

I realize this is about the worst time to be looking for help, but there's got to be someone in Denver that is looking for a change or better opportunity. If anyone knows a tinter in Denver that *might* be interested, please have them contact me. I can be reached at 720-870-7876 till we open (hopefully) in August.

Hey Denver Tinter,

You should try looking into employing someone from overseas. I have now been tinting in a workshop in the UK now for 2 months, heading off their flat glass and loving it. I am originally from Australia. I am not putting my hand up for this job, it sounds great, and it sounds as though you have done a lot of planning for this venture, but I am saying that there are probably many tinters OS who would relish the chance to work in the US

Just food for thought

Good post spesh, however, how does that work for employing a person whom isn't a U.S. citizen? I know I looked into it a while ago, I'm Canadian and I wanted to look into working a little bit in the States and I got the run around because Tinting isn't a "skilled trade" ...whomever made up that rule hasn't been curled up in the back of a hot back seat with a huge peice of tint! :eyebrows

Guest doliedan

I'd be interested in speaking with you about your offer. I live near your area, so moving would not be a problem.

I've been tinting for 15 years. You can reach me at 719-632-4823, ask for Gene.

I'd reply by e-mail...but there is something wrong with my aol email.

Look forward to hearing from you Denver.

Archived