Viper 791xv installation connections

Guest Diehardrod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought and had installed a new Viper 791XV in my van. When I do the remote start the vehicle only runs for about 2 minutes. Being in the cold country, I need a longer start . CAn you tell me how to change the remote start time. I have done the removing out of turbo mode but no go. I have a viper owner guide but not the installation guide. Any help would really be appreciated :thumb

Guest mictrik
So I have this Viper 791xv and it came without the installation booklet. I have been installing alarms for over 22 years on the side for family members. I will install this into my new 04 Honda Cvic EX. Can anybody help me with the connections and wire color codes. I don't need the car color codes just the alarm wires. Thank you all for any help.

diehardrod@yahoo.com

[*]200209

I have the Viper 791xv installed in my 2004 jeep wrangler. The person I purchased it from performed the installation as he operated an alarm shop. Recently I have decided to add the 508d proximity sensor. I want to ensure that the shock duel sensor is always sensor 1 and that 508d is always flagged as sensor 2 on the led remote. Presently (without the 508d installed) the led issues a sensor 2 warns when the shock sensor is in warn and a sensor 2 alarm when fully triggered. I know this is wrong and believe that the wiring to the sensor is backwards. I do not see an extra wire (blue or green) hanging off the sensor side and the entire wire is wrapped in electrical tape (to appear neat). If I had the installation manual I would be able to work this out and fix what I believe to be a faulty install. Could someone please forward this manual to me (at mictrik@yahoo.com)? Also, any advice you may have would be appreciated.

PS. Though I have in my possession the 508d I will not attempt to install it until this issues is resolved.

Rgds/Mic

Guest SdMarineGuy
I sent you an email with the manual attached

Thank you.

[*]200580

Can you also send me the installation manual I went to buy my 791xv from a stereo place and the alarm only detects when they open the drivers door but not the other doors also they couldnt get the power locks to work and to top it off they dont even know whcih module I need to get the engine start to work . I have an 04 Cadillac CTS. I will really appreciate it if you can send me the installation Manual. Thank you in Advance my e-mail is garciarios@sbcglobal.net

Guest johnnychingas
I sent you an email with the manual attached

[*]200578

Would you send me this manual for the 791xv, I bought a vehicle with this alarm system and am about to trade it in for a new one, and I want to keep my viper alarm.

Thanks

Can someone email the installation manual please.

I got this alarm installed 2weeks ago, only got the user manual.

Need to learn how to program time settings for timer/remote start.

KFL007@comcast.net

Hi guys could somebody send me a copy of the install guide for the Viper 791xv alarm. (ryan@samurai.ruin.org)

I don't have the alarm (yet). I want one but I think I will have to install it myself. I searched on the driected.com website and there isn't a authorised installer anywhere in my state (Vermont). I am an electrical engineer and I think I can handle the install over a weekend. But I want to look at the install manule first.

Guest robbo
Never mind I found a copy of the guide.

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/I.../N564V_6-03.pdf

[*]330175

hey guys I've just installed this Viper 791XV unit into my car but am having trouble with the Siren at the moment. I bought it from an authorised dealer, and installed it myself to save me some cash being a uni student, and also to put my electrical education into use. Everything is wired up and works correctly as I followed the instructions from the installation manual supplied.

But in that manual, it only talks of 2 wires coming from the siren. Whereas on my siren, there are 4 (Red, Black, Green, And Violet). In the booklet it says to connect the black to ground and the red to the brown of the primary harness. But doesn't say anythign about the green and violet. Are you guys able to help me out with where these 2 wires go?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Robbo

Archived