Remote Starter Problems

Guest sullygully

Guest sullygully

well thanks for your input, I took it to the dealer this morning, and they had a good chuckle with me, I just called and they said it was ready, don't know what the prob is or how much, but I'll find out in a bit when I go pay the bill...thanks again

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sullygully

well I got my car back in less then an hour, and wouldn't you know it it was a blow starter fuse cartridge. So no wonder I over looked it, its not your average fuse that you can just look at and see that its blown. So thankgod! I spent 4.43 on the fuse and $54 for the diagnosis check. lol. but hey I'm grateful, it could have been much worse... Thanks again for your help and interest.

We can't be much help not knowing what you've got. Some are actually programmable to do that and some

can do that when there's a short somewhere inside.

No manual deep in the glove box?

I'd go to a local shop and have someone check it out.

The charge should be minimal (possibly free).

Worth a try. Remote starters employ high amperage and I've

personally seen a stuck relay burn up the unit and start a fire (more than once).

We can't be much help not knowing what you've got. Some are actually programmable to do that and some

personally seen a stuck relay burn up the unit and start a fire (more than once).

Thats the exact reason I got away from 12 volt stuff. not enough money in it to take the risk.

Thats the exact reason I got away from 12 volt stuff. not enough money in it to take the risk.

Aside from from some beats in my kids' cars, I haven't picked up a set of crimpers since 'o5 . :evilgrin

I called it quits with remote starters in 03. Right around the time all the low voltage data wire stuff started showing up in cars.

The problem with these type of installs is that the cars your are working on are brand new, and alot of times wiring info you find on them is wrong or not avalible.

I had to fix a keyless entry for an customer one time that had gotten it installed somewhere else, and it would lock fine but when you unlocked the doors. Sometimes it would roll down all the windows. :dunno

Turns out whoever installed the keyless crossed something over in the main door control mod, and burnt up a $380 little black box. That was the day I said no more 12 volt security stuff for me.

The worst thing I normally do tinting cars is screw up a piece of film. And I can easily fix that. :thumb

Archived