Older Buick LeSabre long skinnys

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

I got to thinking about something today...I was tinting a '96 Buick Le Sabre...you know the one...it's got those hateful little long skinny windows in front of the D & P ?

The first couple I did when they first came out... I heated the crap out of each of the dozen or so little fingers up and down each side of the little window... It's such a small space in there anyways and I always dreaded those two windows. Then I had an epiphany. :cry The reason I hadn't even bothered to shrink was because it's problem was not top to bottom it was side to side. :dunno Why it took me so long to realize that I could easily solve the problem I'll never know. rolleyes.gif

What I needed to do was simple. I cut those out of a strip from an eyebrow where the film was running longways along the factory edge instead of the usual up and down like you normally would on a side window. Now ...with the grain turned in that direction they will shrink just fine where it needs to be shrunk. Other quarters are the same way...depending on which way the majority of the curve is ...I think about it when I cut the piece of film for it so that the shrinking can be done where it needs it the most...

Just thought it might save someone new to tinting a little anguish.

Guest Braud Spectrum

:cry A little saying I leart right here on td.com, Pie : The drapes do match the carpet... :dunno

But in my own defence...I did think of it after the first couple ...not today...I just thought ABOUT it today. Geez they been having those stupid windows for at least ten years......rolleyes.gif

Guest MidcoastMW

yea yea, old thread.

I just did a 96 LeSabre today backs only.....on the back glass I got the top matrix strip to lay pretty good with some heat and elbo-grease, but the matrix trim around the rest of the window didnt look too hot. (the customer was happy, but I wasnt) Ya know, sticks in some areas, others no-way. Any pointers on that??

Archived