'80's 944

Guest CloudWalker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh shiot, if you have never done one, you are in for a surprise, I've done quite a few and dread every one of them, they have an imitation frit edge on the side that decomposes when it gets wet and at the top there is a 1 inch plastic trim piece against the glass, your best bet is not to try to tint under that, just put black tape on the outside at the top to cover the gap. Scrape all the black paint from the sides also. If you use a film that shrinks well and you are up to the challenge, go ahead and do it in one piece, but leave about 1 half inch extra at the bottom to get under the spoiler, or else there will be a huge light gap. If you are using metalized film, don't even try to do it in one piece.

Guest FastBackJack

TD...right on the money. They are do'able in 1 piece, but make sure you have the time and patience for it. Everything TD said I totally agree with. :?

WTF is with that goll darn fake frit???? What the hell we they thinking?

Guest potzy

Just tinted my first 944, holy mother of god.... took me 4 hours to fit rear screen apart from that it was fairley easy and I feel chuffed to bits...sorted :hmmm

any hints for the novice??

Take it to a professional. You wouldn't attempt to rattle-can paint your car would you?

Not trying to be harsh, but that car is difficult for even very experienced professionals. :lol2

Archived