'80's 944

Guest CloudWalker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTEM

Why is every time a 944 Post get posted I get one of them ....

Oh well It's 3 bone for me b3

This one is pretty Clean too..

I'll get pic for you all

Guest 27tint4

Yeap...944's are kinda tuff. Hella lot easier than when they were new tho. Plus we getta use trim tape now, thanx to the sun beating the crud outta the black flakey crud....essentially making the glass area to be tinted smaller, and less concave. Still. I'd rather hafta one-pc. an '88 Olds Cutlass Supreme than today's 944's. Most of 'em are NOT very well restored.

This is my first post...tho I've visited this sight numerous times for info over the years. In fact, I was trying to find out how to remove the rear view mirror on this beast! (been a couple 3 years since my last 944 encounter) It just pushes out ya know...he he.

If yer afraid of doing the 944 in one pc...try this: go ahead and plop a 40" pc. of film on that old 944...and shrink away. If ya mess up...go to plan B (2-pc.) 13 pc.? sheesh!

ttl guy's and thanks for the info/fun.

:beer Tintdude has given you sound advice!-I've seen those cars done in 13 pieces! :):beer

I use to do em in 13 pieces :beer before shrinking, every fourth defroster line, big piece on top, big piece on bottom, that's the way they were done, took about 2 hours.....jeez, that was a long time ago...I've heard that if you have a 60" roll you can shrink it sideways, suppose to be easy :beer never tried, last one I did about 4 years ago was a two piece hidden seam

Archived