'80's 944

Guest CloudWalker

Guest Olfablade

There is no shame in doing difficult windows in multiple pieces. It's only the cocky kids who think they can shrink everything in one piece with any film that come across like fools. The cleanest job makes the customer happy, NOT the fact that the film was tortured into one piece that the flaws will show up a couple of years later :beer:beer:beer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 27tint4

geeze..and I thought one pc. was state of the art. oh well...go's to show ya, yer never to old to go backerds. <he he>

p.s. would someone please tell the film makers to STOP making their films so shrinker friendly.

geeze..and I thought one pc. was state of the art. oh well...go's to show ya, yer never to old to go backerds. <he he>

p.s. would someone please tell the film makers to STOP making their films so shrinker friendly.

sure thing... I'll tell em :thumb

Guest solarspot

TexasRocker is that you :lol6

Guest 27tint4

TexasRocker is that you? Naaaa, Texas Rocker has a ranch next to G-dub near Austin. Ted Nugent I believe is his name. He imports exotic animals and charges rich folks thru the nose to mow 'em down with fully autmatic weapons. Real loser yeah?

I did start tinting in Texas tho, back in '79. Lived in Granbury but tinted in foat wuth. Had a shop in Livingston, just north of Houston town years later too. Dem wuz da good 'ol days! We didn't even roll down door glass during tinting operations. <he he> Heck...it was like 2 years before I found out film came wider than 20"!!! We used a lot of trim tape back then as you can imagine. (and/or experienced yerself) Hey! Let's start a yap session about how we usta could do it? That would be coolio...heh?

Hmmm, this is the 944 thread no? Yep...shore 'nuff iz. I wonder if that splicer fella tints the windshields on 944's (ditto other makes and models) with a splicin' in mind. Could be...kinda hard to sell tho I imagine.

Later.

I just did the last 944 I'll ever do for less than a $1,000! I wouldn't have done it today if I wasn't friends with the guy! My policy: no 944's, cutlass's, or anything old crappy and time consuming!

Guest 27tint4

I hear ya man. I don't care much for tinting these dinosaurs when accords and camrys are lined up either. I still tint 'em tho...I figure if ya tint ya tint. I have a hard time turning people away 'cause of what they drive. plus, I get tired and kinda bored tinting the same "old" new cars all the time. I look forward to jumping on an '88 olds cutlass or a crusty old beretta. fact is, when these crud cars were new, I tinted 'em then and sorta paid attention. so now they're not all that difficult. plus, anyoltinter can do clean work on a spanking new car, but it's a challenge to <try> and do t**s work on yer crusty '78 vette.

I always allow myself plenty o time (like 4 hours or so for the 944) so it's layed back. I guess it's just an opportunity to show myself I still got it. I'm gettin' old ya see. ha ha

well...nice hearing from those who still hold their heads up and proclaim with firm conviction: "YES. I WOULD LOVE TO TINT YOUR OLD BENTLY TURBO R WAYNE (newton). Or...hey MIKE (tyson), sure I can re-tint those 855's while yer doin' time. what's that? red tint on the silver one, double limo on the black one and 50 all around on the red one. got it. (talk about crusty...those 3 beemers we tinted when tyson bought 'em in vegas were like 10 yrs. older...and trashed. but they turned out cherry pie.

I don't get those "guys" who are too far advanced sticker boys that they no longer tint older/dirty cars...especially when ya gotta figure if a too proud sticker boy won't re-do a job he did way back when...can ya trust him? <he-he> ok. maybe he didn't tint it...but being proud and all ya gotta figger he's got lotsa tint buddies that may have. sheesh.

well, rambling on this a.m.....kinda quiet here. later

Archived