polishing ATV plastic

Guest dinan323

Guest dinan323

Hi guys I have been detailing cars for 10 years but want to make the plastic on my dirt bike look like new again. I have seen some kits for sale that comes with scotch brite pads and some polishes. I figured I already have most of what I would need but am not sure. So if any of you guys have any advice it would greatly appreciated. Also is the expensive bike wash the same as a degreaser which I already buy in bulk.

Thanks Travis

I prefer the Meguirs plastic cleaner then there plastic polish,use by hand or buffer...washes come two ways...to not strip the wax thats on the vehicle or with a high PH to clean and strip for waxing ...you can add a little general purpose degreaser to any soap and make it a stripper instead of a queen :thumb

Guest firepilot8

Hi, I have also been detailing cars for about 2 years and I would like to know how to get sandpaper grain out of my ATV plastic. I used this stuff called Plastic Renew, but I did not like the way it came out. there is still fine grain leftover from sanding it with 600 grit sandpaper. I tried steel wool and 2000 grit sandpaper and it still has the grain from the 600 grit. I have also tried Novus Plastic Polish step 3,2,and1 by hand and machine and I still cant get the grain out. Any ideas??? Thanks -Kevin

Archived