Filing holes

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

I'm sure it's been asked before but what tool/file do you use to file out holes in the tint when you have removed a button fastening.

I am on the lookout for the right type of file

Naughty

I don't use one. I trim a small gap around the hole. Small enough to be hidden by the button, but large enough that it's away from the edge.

JMO....but not trimming slightly around the holes leaves them more prone to spiralling when the button is tightened. :evilgrin

Guest Sprinter
I don't use one.  I trim a small gap around the hole.  Small enough to be hidden by the button,  but large enough that it's away from the edge. 

JMO....but not trimming slightly around the holes leaves them more prone to spiralling when the button is tightened.  :evilgrin

I use hole in triangle ,match size ,cut hole first , then rest of pattern

this way is good and the way I do it!

Guest Sprinter

most latches cover the light gap and on some older trucks it's not worth stripping out the screw, plus if they wanted it done ( taking out the screw they should have it all done by the time you show up or they show up at the shop! ) should charge more for removing the screws but most people won't pay for the extra attention to detail to make it a nicer job!

Archived