Percentage

Guest adrienne2006

Guest adrienne2006

I'm getting my 2003 pontiac grand am gt 4 door tinted soon ($130-I work for a car dealership,it would have been alot more...does that sound about right?) Anyways I dont know what percent tint to get. I have a hard time seeing at night (just getting used to it) so I dont want anything that will be dangerous. In Indiana legal is 30%, which might be too light. I'm going to get it illegal but I dont want it to be too obvious that it is illegal. I want it to look ganster, lol (doing it for looks and to protect my leather) I pretty much dont want to see my headrests through the window. So knowing that what would be my best type of tint. And also would there be any reason to get my sunroof tinted? At my office our boss as these really nice tinted office windows, and then we have these ones which I thought was a two way mirror (during the day its a window but at night its a mirror) Whats up with that?

Anyways I'm thinking 20%

oh another question ive seen tinted windows that have this lil gap around the tops of them, where the tint stops... is that supposed to happen, I really hate that. :gasp

Guest adrienne2006

Oh and I read somewhere about how color contrasts can make a tint look lighter or darker so consider that my car is silver and the interior is a medium-dark gray.

Guest Sprinter

first get it tinted LEGAL,

the price is right for someone who works there, if you can't see at night now with nothing on there being clear glass how do you think you'll see with 20% on there, remember that if you get in an accident that your insurance will check your front windows and if there not legal you will be paying for the accident not the insurance company, gangster all films block 99% of the uv rays that damage your leather does'nt matter how dark they are, sun roof is up to you if theres no cover then yes deffinetly, the gap it depends on how big the gap is 1/16th to 1/64th is acceptable 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch is not. legal tint will make that film look darker against your dark interior.

Guest adrienne2006
:dunno I've checked Indiana laws and it says that they are unclear, what the heck does that mean. All new cars that come in here are 20% (just asked) they dont even look that dark to me. My windesheild isnt going to be tinted but ive talked to people that have tinted windows and they say you can see fine looking out but not in. Like the ones at my work. Is it different for cars?

Guest Sprinter

indiana law says 30% but I did'nt see if it said net or just % . net would be tint plus the glass and % would just be the tint.

cars don't come from the manufactuer tinted on the front 2 windows and most all cars don't have tint or tinted glass from the manufactuers either.

suv's have factory darkened glass on the rear area behind the front 2 windows that again are not tinted.

Archived