Tint removal

Guest asistint

Guest asistint

I have a camry comming tomorrow. I have to strip the tint off of it. The back window has a couple of bubbles in it, but part of the film is hanging down and the adhesive/glue is still on the glass. At my old place of employment we told the customer that there would be a good chance that the defrost would come off with the film. It was more like 100% chance because we instantly took a stanless scrapper to the back window. Anyway I would like to salvage his back window. Any tips. I'm assuming the tint will come off and just leave glue. I can deal with that.....adhesive remover. But if it leave tint and little piece how am I going to remove that without using the scrapper? I tried searching but can't find anything.

Thanls

if you don't have a steamer... and if you have some time, try this:

before you take the tint off...

cut a black trash bag to size of window and soak inside surface of window with windex. put trashbag on inside of window and use a heat gun on the outside.

if it's an R&R, leave the black bag & windex on there while you shrink the back window.

you'll still have to scrape most likely, but not as much because the ammonia in the windex will soften the adhesive.

Guest r26_1999

I hardly ever have to scrape any back glass's. if the tint is old and flaky, soak it with your solution. soak it three times, once every ten minutes. by the time your finished with the other windows, that back glass is ready to come off. if you don't have a steamer, use your heat gun on low and pull the tint off while heating it. I had to remove a @#$% load of back glass while learning how to tint and it usually works very well.

Guest Sprinter
I hardly ever have to scrape any back glass's.  if the tint is old and flaky, soak it with your solution.  soak it three times, once  every ten minutes.  by the time your finished with the other windows, that back glass is ready to  come off.  if you don't have a steamer, use your heat gun on low and pull the tint off while heating it.  I had to remove a @#$% load of back glass while learning how to tint and it usually works very well.

on the outside of the glass or inside? with the heat gun?

Archived