Fast and easy dry horizontal fingers...

Guest Tintbds-

Guest Tintbds-

This can be useful, time saving and easy too. :lol6

At time you may apply tint to a back-glass.

As normal you shrink the vertical factory cut edges: no problem, even if a vertical finger or two comes back. Well, you heat and poof!! there gone. :D

But, those horizontal fingers can be quite the "flea in a dog" at times :thumb

Especially, if you have little time to waste. and dot.matix, ohh boy.

The point is this instead, of heating the glass on the outside, which works are even putting the car in the heat of the sun, which is more time.

Try this:

From inside, just hold the heatgun (8-inches to 10-inches) away from the H/finger. the heat is not direct, thus it steams the water between the finger and glass thus sticking in few seconds.

even those little creases are nicely removed in seconds

from door edges:trustme

Newbies or not so Newbies try. :hmmm

I've been doing this for years it really works well with metallized film, and works ok with other stuff... just a quick pass of heat.. just enough to 'steam' up the water beneath, then hard card and paper towel.... POOF :dunno good tip :dunno

it is not recommended from manufacturers to do this due to premature film failure down the road in these areas ( but it does work because I've been known to do this also without any comebacks) :dunno:lol:dunno

Guest Tintbds-

:dumbass I Never experience any problems with the method, works sweet especially when customers hang around waiting on the job. :lol :lol

Thanks for added info guys :cool

Archived