Beginner's Tint

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Since I'm going to start practicing tinting the cars that I have around my house, I've been looking for a decent quality film to use. I've found some Sun-Gard film that's not very expensive and would suit my needs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

Do you think that would be good tint to use to practice for install, heat shrinking, and would still hold up decently after a few years? Thanks for the feedback.

Guest NRTHTNT

I actually have that film on my truck, 7 years and looks great at 39.95 that is a great deal considering what I pay for here in canada, as far as learning with this film I believe it is a dps adhesive, good for some not so good for others.

Guest zolar

The cheap stuff would be purple in 1 season here in the swamp :trustme , I think it wiser to use a pro metalized HP film for practice, if you intend to tint professionally, most all films shrink, feel, and work differently. Wally World here stocks a ni-chrome sputtered hybrid film, but I have never tried it. My only experience with the cheapo stuff is stripping the crap off. But hey you need to practice that too.

Archived