Boats

Guest NRTHTNT

Guest NRTHTNT

Some of my buisness revolves around graphics for boats (names, stripes,labels, ect...., We have a local boat manufacturer that I have done some vinyl for, He called me yesterday wondering about tinting some of their new models, can anyone give me any feedback as to what types of film would be best suited for this I was tinking commercial films due to the dampness and constant change in temperatures a boat may ecounter, input would be appriciated.

thanks

NRTHTNT

Guest HeatShrunkSS
Boats just plain suck. Period.  The film  choice won't matter much if it's not exposed to salt water.  But really, boats suck to tint, and I've yet to see an exception. :lol

[*]219422

I want to tint my boat (2001 Stingray 220SX), but I really really hate to have to seem to two sides. I haven't tried them in one piece, but I'm doubting that I could get it to go.......

:lol

Guest NRTHTNT

Actually this is a sweet deal, since they make the boats all of the glass will come to me before it is even in the boat, most of the windows used in their boats are only 14x22 ovals double pane.

Well, that's a different story.? If you're not dealing with dirt and butyl, and all kinds of weird body poitions, sure, they would be cake. :lol :lol

[*]219429

At least until they nick one putting it in the haul... :lol

If any of the boats are of the very large variety equipped with a gyro, you may want to make sure any metal based film used will not interfere with the gyro's performance. :lol

Archived