Illegal tint

Guest shattered

How many of u have did an illegal tint in the last 2 months?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How many of u have did an illegal tint in the last 2 months?

• Have done many
    • Have done less than 10
    • Have done less than 5
    • Have done only one
    • No Illegal tinting for me
    • Forced to by boss

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shattered

guess that is a important one to add TD Thanks.

I will admit I have done a few. Does it mean it's common pratice. No but if I have talked it over with customer and they still presist to have it done illegal. I will do it. Am I happy about it? Not Really

But if I dont they are going down the street to the guy who will.

Been tinting 18 years......nuff said.

If my best friend bought a new car tomorrow and wanted it in 20% I'd do it. 5% is something I would talk him out of. If it's not my wife or VERY close friend they get nothing but legal. I've been threatened with $1500 fines for illegal installation. I had a state trooper come in quizzing me just less than a month ago. Doing a $180 tint job for a personal fine and a possible $10,000 fine for the business isn't worth it. If they want to go somewhere else then....bye.

Guest shattered

By the way I think some on this board who scream the loudest about keeping it legal are just putting on a show. Like the saying goes "The preachers daughters are alway the wildest ones"

Like you said blade all the graphic you put on cars is illegal.

Guest Al-tint

Nope.

If I have to do something that is illegal and have somebody's lawyer sue my ass because it was my fault that he hit that kid on a bike because he could not see out his window, to make a buck, I will just turn to selling Dr*gs and make some real money.

Why do people feel that they can just do whatever they want. Get off your ass and get the lawmakers to change the laws if you want dark glass instead of thinking that it is okay to do it. It is only a little law that is broken.

Rant is over.

When I scream is when jackasses do illegal work for any customer that walks in off the street. That's bullshiat that needs to stop. That's why I and other shops lose business everyday of the week. Cause some mutha phucka elsewhere will do it.

I can see this thread headin' to the trash already. :evileye

Guest nautiboi73

I'm in Ga so there are no Illegal job now. :evileye

but I explain to all my customers that the law will come back into effect and to go with 35% all way around. for now if they doing listen I have no problem taking their money and feeding teh kids. But down the road they already konw that I will not be there when the hammer comes down. but once it is back , nothing but 35%, I promise.

Archived