This is outstanding performance

Guys,

I had a car in today tinted 5 years ago almost to the month done in Quantum 35% (not one of mine) and it was in the same condition as when it was taken out of the box.

This car had a lot of sun exposure too and no evidence of any heat shrinking failure of the adhesive.

I couldn't pick a thing with it other than the film being a little grainy that Quantum has been known for.

Colour was perfect and not a sign of any alteration from new.

Excellent performance and give kudos where it is deserved. It is one of the best auto films in the world but a bugger to dry. :evileye

Devil

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

The big problem with Quantum is the optical clarity. The adhesive is very grainy and when you view headlights behind you at night, it is very evident and annoying. The other problem is if you put a little too much heat while shrinking the film, you will get ghosting marks.

I am sure that most if not all full metal films will not fade and will hold up for many years to come. Anyone remember any major failure with a full metal film?

I've never had a single complaint of graininess. And I install quantum quite a bit. If fact it's on my winter truck. And I've never ghosted the film while shrinking. I did a 2004 Eclipse this summer in Quantum 28 and it turned out great. :thumb

My installer has quantum on his car also and has no issues whatsoever with graininess or headlight distortion at night. :thumb

If it doesn't bother an experienced tinter it shouldn't bother a customer who doesn't know shiat. :coffee

Guest Litespeeds

Maybe I just had some bad rolls sent to me. I've seen good and bad from every company so as far as I am concerned, there is no perfect film out there that I know of.

Maybe I just had some bad rolls sent to me.? I've seen good and bad from every company so as far as I am concerned, there is no perfect film out there that I know of.

[*]219786

:DD

Who sneezed and missed that fluctuation in coating weight when any particular run goes through the machinery... :DD Not that coating weight produces grainy, but the point of the matter is in the human factor all the way up the line to the raw material source and supply.

Archived