Thanks Tint Dude

looks like you and have something in common, I been around the tinting business long before my stepdad bought the business we currrently have, I was 8 years old when I layed my hands on a piece of film. by the time I was 12-14 years old I was helping my dad run a window tinting shop that was 5k square foot. so I know the old school I dont remember the scissors part but its all gravy.

WELCOME :krazy

Guest shaneps

This is the sight I have been looking for. I have lurked around here a few times and DANG IT!! I can't believe all the info you have. I can see I am going to go through a few rolls of film trying some of this stuff out.

I am getting back into tinting after a six year vacation. I am now going to open myself to ridicule by stating that I tinted for 22 years. My father got into the business when I was 10 and taught me every thing he knew about tinting (which back then wasn't much). The 1st car we did was a 76 pinto. We did it in the carport of our house. Took 10 hours. Back window in 8 strips. Cut with scissors. Installed on the outside. Silver. Dad told the customer not to go to the carwash with the spinning brush...

Boy time have sure changed. Heat shrinking I have done. Reverse rolling, dryer sheets and baby powder are all new to me...

Thanks in advance for all your help

The 1st car we did was a 76 pinto. We did it in the carport of our house. Took 10 hours. Back window in 8 strips. Cut with scissors. Installed on the outside. Silver. Dad told the customer not to go to the carwash with the spinning brush...

classic :krazy welcome aboard :beer

Guest nautiboi73
The 1st car we did was a 76 pinto. We did it in the carport  of our house.  Took 10 hours.  Back window  in 8 strips.  Cut with scissors.  Installed on the outside. Silver.  Dad told the customer not to go to the carwash with the spinning brush...

[*]220545

thank god I was not around back then :lol6

Archived