Besides tinting, what else does your shop offer?

Guest Litespeeds

Guest Litespeeds

I have always believed that you should not be a jack of all trades but with some easy add ons to the business, I have decided to purchase a relatively inexpensive windshield repair kit which I bought from SEMA Show. Maybe it is my luck but as soon as I came home, the next day I get a call for windshield repair. I gave him a quote of $40-$50 which I ended up charging him $50. He was so happy that he gave me a $5 tip. All I have to do is 2 more jobs and this kit has already paid for itself.

I have also ventured into the world of Interior Graphics. I figured that people are fixing up their vehicles exteriors but most have not done much with their interiors. Instead of costly embroidery, anyone can have that custom look with these low heat transfer graphics which comes in single or multi color. Here is an example of what it looks like. There are about maybe 900 different graphics that are currently available and you can always customize something for a small setup fee. What do you guys think about this opportunity?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Lite,

I did whay you suggested about 15 years ago and diversified into flat glass mindful of keeping it all within the one business I know so well.

It was the best decision I did in my whole tinting career. Now I pick up security, decorative, solar, privacy and heat and in doing so, I've opened up my market in 5 extra areas. :lol6

devil

Guest Litespeeds

Hello Devil,

I know I should actually push for the commercial / residential jobs but I hate taking the time to go to people's houses to give them estimates just to have someone else bid a lower price and get the job. As with anything, I guess I am not doing my job as well as I should, otherwise they will end up being my customer.

I really enjoy working on automobiles and customizing them. I don't find as much enjoyment working on flat glass in houses because maybe to me it isn't challenging enough. I know there is good money but dollar per dollar, you actually make less per square feet working on flat glass. Once in awhile, you come across a big job and that is very nice to have.

Tinterjim, pm me for more information.

Guest thetintshop

I do pretty much everything there is to do with auto glass. I used to do windshield repairs, but I quit because it's basically a crock of shiat. too many people think it's a "magic" solution to a rock chip, and it will totally disappear when you're done.

I don't know what kind of kit you bought, but good ones cost anywhere from $750-$1500. I paid about $1100 for mine.

Lite,

I'd say 95% of my flat is repeat corporate or recommendation private.

I really don't give a rat's arse if auto came and went. That market has been rooted to death by every 2 bit player who comes in for the short term and reckons they are the King Dick of window tinting.

But I do charge like a wounded bull for flat to put it into profit proportion of auto.

It just fantastic to have a big job on like now and know they only ask when. :lol6

Devil

Archived