Safty film

Guest Tint Masters

Guest Tint Masters

I am looking at installing safty film on pella windows and I am not sure what would work. These windows are all wood and the molding that holds the dual pane glass in is not square. :thumb I would like to use sometype of atachment system if posable. I dont think a daylight install would work well since the glass is tempered. Any sugestions :eyebrows

Guest TintPoser
your attchment system is only as strong as the framing with wood frames I dont think you can do it what are you trying to accomplish with the safty film :coffee

[*]221688

'

Agreed.

Daylight with 4mil is good enough

Guest Tint Masters
your attchment system is only as strong as the framing with wood frames I dont think you can do it what are you trying to accomplish with the safty film :coffee

[*]221688

'

Agreed.

[*]221842

Will daylight 4 mil hold the glass in the frame if it is broken? :coffee I am looking to stop water damage if the pane is hit and is broken in a storm.

your attchment system is only as strong as the framing with wood frames I dont think you can do it what are you trying to accomplish with the safty film :shock

[*]221688

'

Agreed.

[*]221842

Will daylight 4 mil hold the glass in the frame if it is broken? :evilgrin I am looking to stop water damage if the pane is hit and is broken in a storm.

[*]221897

Polymer anchoring with 4 mil on tempered glass... if it were annealed, daylight. :shock

Guest VOLTRON

all I know is last pella windows I tinted with wood frames were varnished and that sh|t would flake off, u might think of taping off tha frames with some 14 day release tape 2 inch wide, put half on tha glass and half on tha frame and then cut off the access on tha glass and take a hard card or somethin to push it down into the frame. we tinted this house in huper and that was the only way we could tint it with out havin an a55 load of varnish in the tint. its pretty time consuming but it will prevent wasting film and it will look alot better. take yer finger and run it up the frames and see if that stuff just flakes off, that will let ya know if u need to tape it off. just some advice.

Guest atypicaldave

Wood frame, painted wood frame, if you want tempered glass to stay put in a prolonged way, edge it with some structural sealant. It doesn't have to be a large bead. I've seen a small bead keep glass in the frame after a tornado has passed next to a building shattering the glass from the suction force applied. :rollin

Guest Tint Masters

The windows are 2 or 3 yrs old at most and the paint is far from flaking. :lol6 Has anyone install safty film on pella windows with an atachment system? :lol6:beer

Metint can you exsplain a little more.... :lol6 .... :beer .......... :beer

Archived