screw up

Guest jlee76

I have been tinting for only a little bit over a year, but this was a newbie mistake if I have ever seen one. the shop that I work at hired a new guy so that I could move to installer, the guy said he had tinted before, (at a car lot) so we put him to work. we got a 2004 mini cooper in he asked me if I had ever done one before and I told him no but it looked like a simple car, frameless fronts paint all the way around the rear quarters and back glass plus it was a hatchback. so he started tinting he had always hand cut everything at his last job but I told him that since the customer was waiting on it to use the plotter. he cut the drivers side front out and went to lay it, a couple of minutes later he came back and said that the computer had cut it wrongand that it had about six inches of excess on the top. I was busy and couldn't go to look at it and told him to fix it. he trimmed it and tried to finish it up, six trys later he finnally got it to lay down and moved to the other side only took him 4 trys to finish that one but then he closed the door and it sucked up like the new bmws and mecedes and left an 1/8 inch light gap at the bottom so he showed me and told him to pull the door panels and redo it. I also walked over to the drivers side to check it, when I shut the door the window was rolled down about 6 inches I reached in and hit the switch and sure enough he had tinted it with the damn window rolled down. so needless to say a good 2 hour max job wound up taking a little bit over 5 and a half hours the customer was pissed the boss was pissed the kid was pissed and me and the rest of the crew were laughing our ass off for the rest of the day

Why in the world would you use a plotter on a frameless door glass? Let alone use a plotter at all. Tinting the window with it down 6 inches is just plain frickin' stupid. He couldn't put 2 and 2 together when he saw the pattern was huge?

six trys later he finnally got it to lay down

I would have stopped him after the second screw up.

customer was pissed the boss was pissed the kid was pissed and me and the rest of the crew were laughing our ass off for the rest of the day

Starting at a new job is always hard....atleast you all made the new guy feel comfortable. I'm sure he's very enthusiastic about another day of work. :evilgrin

Guest Al-tint

The boss has no right to be pissed and should be kicked in the :evilgrin

How could he let the customer sit for 5 hours when a new kid is struggling. It sounds like it is a big shop, make a business decision.

Sure we can laugh at the newbie, but it think your boss has no business sence what so ever.

The boss has no right to be pissed and should be kicked in the  :evilgrin

How could he let the customer sit for 5 hours when a new kid is struggling. It sounds like it is a big shop, make a business decision.

Sure we can laugh at the newbie, but it think your boss has no business sence what so ever.

[*]222007

Can I get a AMEN! for Al-tint? :shock

Guest tintjob@yahoo

I agree with blade, why in hellz name would a plotter even come into play on a frameless window... hellz bellz plotters suck anyway.. never used one, never needed to :rock that dude is a loser hack

Guest tinterjim

That dude would have not even touched the car unless it was to clean the glass for me. Especially with the customer waiting :lol6 He would have had to prove himself to me before he attempted to tint ANYTHING in my shop. :lol6:broken

:flip using a plotter for a cooper :copcar:coffee

I had a guy looking for work, he said he knew how to tint, ok so this honda accord arrives and asked him to start on it to cut the sides while I deal with other customers.

20 minutes went by and went back to the shop he had not cut one single window! I asked him wtf happened, he said, well something is wrong with your FILM, :spit I told him nooooo, something is wrong with you!

Archived