any advice?

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

I got a guy that wants to pay me to teach this kid how to tint. they will be doing it in a town about an hour away and never coming to lincoln. I really need the money and being winter I have the time but I have no idea what to charge this place for training. can anyone help me out here? I really dont know what my time is worth. I do know they really want me to teach him though.what do those schools charge? I know im worth more than that.the only number that has been thrown out is $40 a day plus wasted film.we figure about 2 months of training for this kid, but I dont know. does that sound fair to you guys? im thinking for the first few weeks about 50 55$ a day for the wasted time and film and hastle bt I dont know if im being unrealistic.I was trained on the job so I dont know how to judge what its worth. pm me w/ any suggestions if youd rather not post but please, I need all the input I can get cuz I need to let him know sometime tomorrow. thank you all.

Guest shattered

Here is maybe another way to look at this

If this kid is going to be makeing a career out of this and your gonna teach him in two months. Take your Gross income and divide it by 12 and that is what I would charge him a month I would think that is fair. So say you take home 50,000 and divide it by 12 =$ 4167 a month for training. Plus tint Do not make this a conveniece for him. He is to be there when you tell him and stay tell you let him go. Get paid in advance for the month.

Guest tint goose
200 per day most of the good schools run about 1400-2000 for 6 days :rock

[*]223428

Yeah....But he's offering the convenience of no travel, flex schedule, etc...All things considered, should be double what the market flooders(manufacturers) charge. :lol

[*]223479

your right OT didnt think of all that :dunno

For hands on training?  $250 an hour, minimum. :dunno  Schools are expensive.

[*]223410

I agree with OT. You are offering so much more than a school could offer. And even though you are an hour away, you are going to be in a small bit of competition.

TTC :rock

Archived