How to properly cure film in the winter

Get a Infra tek heat lamp. It is a body shop heat lamp. Expect to pay about 175 for it. It will be one of the best investments you will ever make. It will eliminate 99% of customer come backs due to finger popping up or customers rolling down their windows too soon. Hopefully the following link will work to show you a pic of the infra tek lamp. http://www.infratech-usa.com/portable/sru1615.html

hey! I didnt know they were still selling those things!

we have 6 of those , they are like 20 years old, my step dad use to use them from when we took out the windows, we would heat them up just like you would out in the sun, which is what some people call "baking" the film. out of all the 6 we have only one works, but they are worn, old, really old, I just didnt know they were still selling them. yea they are good to use during winter time, but be careful for not getting it too close to a car it could melt something quick style! I dont do personally, I just use it for when (again) take out windows on some cars.

I've been using this for yrs..no winter comebacks..I modified it to have a 10' hose so I can hold it close to back windows and bake each window...only takes about 5-7 minutes to give the tint a good head start for drying 45000BTU's (need a "feel" for using it safely and correctly...have used on many cars over the yrs without any problem) cost is under $175CAN :gasp

Heatgun, I use mine year around also. When you use the heat lamp, it needs to be placed about 2 to 3 feet away from the window that you are heating up. I have never melted any part of any car while using the heat lamp. You do however need to make sure that the window that you are heating has been properly squeegied out. Because after the window has been heated properly with the lamp you will not be able to push out any excess water. The lamp will make the window reach a temp of around 150-170 degrees. This is no hotter than a window facing the sun while in a Walmart parking lot in AZ during July. This process works and I do recommend it.

That is how I do it. I start on the sides and when I finish a window, I put the heat on it until I finish another. It is usually 10-15 mins per window. I really dont know what I would do without it. I have Zero comebacks with fingering using this lamp. I couldnt tell you how many times this has saved me with the customer rolling down the window too soon.

Archived