Method of cutting

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Which method do you use for cutting tint?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which method do you use for cutting tint?

• Plotter
    • Outside of glass
    • Template
    • Other method
    • All of the above

Guest thetintshop

I've seen first hand what the plotter programs produce. it's a freakin joke. there's no way my customers would let me turn that kind of crap out of my shop.

then of course you have the guys (like me) telling people that "computer cut" tint jobs are done by people who don't know how to tint.

the way I see it, if the plotter guys can advertise their "precise computer cut/installed" tint jobs, AND LIE ABOUT IT, then why can't I lie about it too?

the problem is, 95% of the time, what I'm telling them is true.

hope you plotter guys aren't advertising "custom" window tinting at your shop. because that's a freakin lie. "custom" means it's something that tailored to suit that particular vehicle. it's not exactly custom if every piece of tint you turn out for a 04 chevy is exactly the same.

yeah I know, I suck. just be glad none of you turds have to put up with me as a customer. :trustme

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, I say exactly the same thing sometimes! sometimes meaning I rarely get that on the phone if I LAZER CUT haha, makes me laugh, but im a nicer guy, customers dont know, just I tell them its called computer cut or whatever.

but yea its for beginners for sure. :trustme

Guest thetintshop

btw, that competitor lasted all of 3 months. he was one of those who thought the plotter did all the work. :trustme

$12K right down the drain. guess he has a nice expensive vinyl cutter now.

Guest tintjob@yahoo

the only way I would consider using a plotter again, it would be if I was doing 20 cars a day, but hell , I simply dont need one. :trustme

[*]243767

or if your boss decided to buy it .... we know you dont run or own the shop you work at TINT.... quit frontin' homey :lol im even feeling sorry for ya' :thumb

Archived