Method of cutting

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Which method do you use for cutting tint?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which method do you use for cutting tint?

• Plotter
    • Outside of glass
    • Template
    • Other method
    • All of the above

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me its a matter of Dollars and sense! but to each his own! :dunno

[*]243787

Some have the sense, some don't...

Hand cut as a tinter any way I can (template, single or double cut)... as a corporate man, hand cut and plotter cut where it's feasible. :dunno

Double cut most, wish the shop had a plotter some times, but don't really need one. We have a free hand guy that does some pretty insane stuff with graphics. I can't do it for shiat (free hand art), so if I ever had my own shop I'd have a cutter for graphics.

How fast are those machines anyway? I've heard some people say if you are experianced, you can pretty much cut a window out by hand about as fast as the plotter can considering the time it takes you to walk over to the plotter, bring up the vehicle you are needing the pre-cut for and then the time it takes the machine to do the actual cutting. Takes just a couple minutes for me with a double cut and I have two windows done by hand :thumb

What I think is funny is the pre-cuts you can order. What if Joe Blow banker down the street decided to tint his rig himself and fudged something up? Does he have to order an entire kit just for that one piece of film he destroyed or what? Some of those are 80 bucks a pop too, and after 3 kits you just paid for a professional install and still don't have crap if you kept messing up.

I CUT ALL muh tint papers on th car itself. that way they fit :eyebrows

HOWEVA!

I contour all my visor strips and save the liners off the really good ones for the popular trucks that I do over and over, that way I dont have to mess with scraping bugs and crap off the customers windshields :gayfight I will use a pattern for a visor every freaking tome because I detest cutting them out. :shock

I CUT ALL muh tint papers on th car itself. that way they fit  :lol

HOWEVA!

I contour all my visor strips and save the liners off the really good ones for the popular trucks that I do over and over, that way I dont have to mess with scraping bugs and crap off the customers windshields :lol I will use a pattern for a visor every freaking tome because I detest cutting them out. :lol

[*]251221

:lol2

ghetto supafly tinta! :spit

Guest zolar

I double cut all my roll-ups, I make a pattern out of release liner for the quarters, and double cut them too.

I was seriously considiring a plotter, ...........untill today.

Cutting the film is the fastest step in tinting. The shrinking and cleaning take longer for me.

Z

Archived