do you guys pull panels on everything?

Guest r407328

just my opin but if you have to pull a panel to get a clean job you need a nother job

thanks for the opinion :mad we all do things differently....it doesn't make you wrong or me right. It just makes us different. But I don't think there's any experienced tinters that HAVE to pull a panel to get a clean job.

I didn't neccessarily mean it that way, just certain methods of say cleaning and installing some people can do while others can't. I agree, if you can't do it clean with the panel on, somethings wrong.

Does anyone still remove glass on a regular basis here?

[*]241501

I am not a regular pannel puller but to get a job done quicker and easier without the possibility of wasting film I pull pannels on certain autos, Ford Rangers and Exploreres with the pannel that curves up in front, Chevy Trail blazers to name a few! :thumb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, Tint, every tinter thinks his/her way is the best.  :thumb

[*]244072

the answer is my way is the best way. smarter way. :mad

I still once in a while take out windows as well, not alot though. back in the days early nineties we took out every window on whatever car came in. we stopped doing that in 2001. made sense to us not to do extra work. doing them on there came out better and workers would stop getting cuts on they're hands and lucky for us, we got rid of about 3 guys. :thumb

I am not a regular pannel puller but to get a job done quicker and easier without the possibility of wasting film I pull pannels on certain autos, Ford Rangers and Exploreres with the pannel that curves up in front, Chevy Trail blazers to name a few! 

Fords suck anyways. The windstar and I think a few others like the explorer have that same stupid panel curve up by the mirror. It's workable with the panel on, but a pain in the butt to say the least. I've been tempted at times to pop it off and do these without having to fight it, but haven't as of yet.

What's in the way on the Rangers? I've only done a few in my time and just did one last month and can't remember if I ran into anything. Most cars are a blur when you see them day in day out unless their is something very specific about them that eeks my nerves a little about them. Like those stupid ugly Yoter Matrix's. Hate fighting that stupid wiper motor, I just take that and the glass arms off to avoid a headache.

Oh and Tint....right back at ya buddy :mad

:thumb

Take a Ranger for for example..you say it's a pain...and it's workable, however if you take the 2 minutes...yes 2 minutes to pull the panel off this one with rubber out and all...it's a very easy window...a good trade off for time don't you think.

The first panel might take longer(your getting the feel where everything is...but an easy removal fo sure).

I used to take everything off yrs ago...I'm glad I'm not afraid to pull panels when needed...I think it comes down to do what gives you the best job without sacrificing quality to the customer /yet without wasting unnessesary time.

I am not a regular pannel puller but to get a job done quicker and easier without the possibility of wasting film I pull pannels on certain autos, Ford Rangers and Exploreres with the pannel that curves up in front, Chevy Trail blazers to name a few! 

Fords suck anyways. The windstar and I think a few others like the explorer have that same stupid panel curve up by the mirror. It's workable with the panel on, but a pain in the butt to say the least. I've been tempted at times to pop it off and do these without having to fight it, but haven't as of yet.

What's in the way on the Rangers? I've only done a few in my time and just did one last month and can't remember if I ran into anything. Most cars are a blur when you see them day in day out unless their is something very specific about them that eeks my nerves a little about them. Like those stupid ugly Yoter Matrix's. Hate fighting that stupid wiper motor, I just take that and the glass arms off to avoid a headache.

Oh and Tint....right back at ya buddy :beer

:thumbdown

[*]244114

oh so you do pull panels. :beer

Guest thetintshop
Take a Ranger for for example..you say it's a pain...and it's workable, however if you take the 2 minutes...yes 2 minutes to pull the panel off this one with rubber  out and all...it's a very easy window...a good trade off for time don't you think.

The first panel might take longer(your getting the feel where everything is...but an easy removal fo sure).

I used to take everything off yrs ago...I'm glad I'm not afraid to pull panels when needed...I think it comes down to do what gives you the best job without sacrificing quality to the customer /yet without wasting unnessesary time.

[*]244134

perfectly said. :lol

Archived