graphics and text with tint

Guest bdepew

Guest bdepew

what do you guys use if you cant afford a plotter/cutter?

I have some smaller graphics and text customers are asking me to put on windows and doors for their business, I'm not an artist, I could prob cut out a graphic and text but would take forever.

Whats the best, quickest way to do this?

I have some graphics I also want to put on my van in the back windows in tint, some smaller text and such, whats the best way to go about this?

Check with the local school board to see if they have an inventory of used, outdated equipment they sell to takers. Get your hands on an overhead projector, print text on transparency, project it to a wall to the size you want and trace onto film liner material using a sharpie marker.

Do the same concept with pic's or logo's, etc.

You can also use copy machines to enlarge, but this takes too much time and you wind up piecing together the puzzle of papers before tracing to liner material.

The image on liner becomes your template. Be sure you do not trace to the silicone coated side of the liner. You will know it with the first pen stroke.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I MADE A LOCAL SIGN GUY MY BEST BUDDY AND HE DOES STUFF ON THE SIDE FOR CHEAP,

SO I HAVE A SMALL CATALOG OF DESIGNS THAT HE MADE FOR ME THAT I OFFER. IF THEY WANT SOMETHING REALLY CUSTOM THEN I CHARGE A DESIGN FEE.

I am good buds with my local vinyl cutter. Normally, the wait time is too long on his schedule though.

If I can't wait, I draw out the design or letters to scale using AutoCad software, printing them on paper, taping the paper to the outside of the glass, and cutting the designs out after applying the film.

This method takes time, but cutting the design after application normally results in a cleaner job for me.

I have some pics I will post if I can find my camera cord.

Archived