B/G Powder Shrink Question

Guest Old Dude

I wet shrink everything, Its how I was trained- Dry shrinking has given me nothing but problems. I suppose I should get with the times and learn the dry method, everyone seems to live by it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, to finish up, I'll use a black teflon card to manipulate any areas that need it.

One big advantage of this technique is the ability to remove small creases that would be impossible to remove wet shrinking.

If you get a small bind crease, ignore it or them and finish shrinking the film. Once you are done shrinking, use a teflon card to drag a bubble of air underneath any minor crease, pass the heat gun over it, and smooth it away with the teflon card.

Once you get the hang of it ( it's easier to learn that wet or powder) I guarantee you will never go back to wet shrinking.

Dry shrinking is tough to learn for some, but man when you get it down pretty good, it will save you alot of time and it's easier to recover from a mistake, whereas wet alot of times if you crease it....its a bad crease and you are S.O.L. . I never thought of using a gloved hand. Might give that a try and see if I like it.

One of my co-workers wet shrinks everything. He's pretty fast and has been doing it alot longer than I have, but I can usually dry shrink just as fast if not faster on some cars. Still learning even though I've been doing dry for a while.

I like to use a paper towel rolled up around a broken pencil to keep it firm :lol

[*]243469

that's the first I've ever heard of anyone doing that :lol interesting

Also, to finish up, I'll use a black teflon card to manipulate any areas that need it.

One big advantage of this technique is the ability to remove small creases that would be impossible to remove wet shrinking.

what's a crease? :lol:lol:lol

I like to use a paper towel rolled up around a broken pencil to keep it firm :lol

[*]243469

that's the first I've ever heard of anyone doing that :hmmm interesting

what's a crease? :lol:lol:lol

[*]244431

thats when you go over a get yourself another piece of paper..... :lol:lol

Guest Braud Spectrum

MDog is scum ....King! :lol6 I tried it finally. :lol6 I had plenty of time with a 96 Camry staying all day so I loafed around and thought about TD and your soap method popped into my head. The car was already wet from rain so I used the wad of paper towels I had wiped the water off the glass with rubbed the bar of Lux in the shop bathroom that's been in there for years.

So slick nothing'll stick. Excellent ! :beer

Archived