Peugeot 206

Guest rpt

Im having trouble with the back window on this Pug, has anyone got any tips on shrinking it I seem to be getting creases everytime I do them. How do you stop the fingers going down the sides, I have squeegeed them but they still dont seem to stop ??????

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I let fingers pop up down each side then leave after installed, get on with other parts

of the job then just run a littel heat from the outside and push flat...like RJE said take your

time...first times allways a bugger... :bat

Guest naughtydog

powder shrink them, leave your anchors narrow at the sides so they cover the matrix and a little clear glass.

leave it long at the top so you can pull it down a little when you overcook the edges at the bottom.

Not one for the novice I'm afraid.

Naughty

Guest k-tintz

I did one today, while I was at work at my week job. I used the mdog soap method. in 1 piece. took a couple of hours to shrink it. but it worked out right. only to then go and upset myself by burning it once I put it inside, had a awkward finger in one of the top corners and it got the better of me :bingo

so I chopped the top 5inches off then spliced it. instead of redoing the whole thing. by the time I'd done, you couldn't see the join on the defroster line :eyebrows

I dont use the "H" anchor anymore. I just use the 2 dot method :lol2 this allows the corners to float about without creasing or annoying fingers.

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

Guest k-tintz

I've never tried the powder, so wasn't really an option for me. it shrunk ok with saop method anyway. it works for me :eyebrows

this was my first 206 too.

least the door cards come off easy too. and just popped the back sides out, only 3 torx screws.

Archived