Peugeot 206

Guest rpt

Guest hippo187

a couple of houres to shrink!! id be gutted if it took me that long then I burned it.

done a few 206's and still h@te them but try new golf mk 5. :dunno evil!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a couple of houres to shrink!! id be gutted if it took me that long then I burned it.

done a few 206's and still h@te them but try new golf mk 5.    :dunno evil!!!

[*]393124

I don't understand why anyone would want to reinvent the wheel? :thumb

2 hours and you still rooted it?

Seam the bastard and be done with it in a matter of minutes!

Lost art skills of those who have been way before you.

Devil

Guest peter-SI

I normaly do those in 2 peace - cut on 2nd bootom line(takes 15min) today I did it in 1pcs, 2nd try, burned tde bottom edge.

:coffee the same colore as on the pics :krazy

p.s: I did about 20 of those & I h@te them too.

did one today for the first time and had to leave the car in the garage cannot do the back window tried about ten bloody times. what do you lot mean in two pieces I didnt think of doing that dow do you make a perfect cut in the defroster line ?

not been doing this long and its my first pug

If your new to shrinking...you'll never do it - sorry to tell you that.

Naughty

:blowtorch

gotta say I love reading this.

Problem is everyone thinks they can become a car window tinter over night. They go on a two or three day course and bingo they're a window tinter. Charge ?100 and kill the market. We get customers ringing up who say they can get car done cheaper - I say you get what you pay for - let them go for the cheap job and let them screw it up.

Same with these companies selling tinting kits with instructions - ends up p1ss1ng people off - they come to us and say how much will we charge to fit their film, I say we won't do it.

Been through all this splicing of film and learning to shrink - it takes time and practice. The more you do the better you get. A 206 is a 15 minute shrink at most - not a problem in one or two pieces. Personally I do everthing in one where possible - inclduing beetle. Thank god Porsche stopped making 944 - that for me was three piece. If you want to learn you gotta stick at it.

THIS INDUSTRY IS TOUGH

Not everyone can become a car window tinter - I think you need a year in a tint shop before your able to handle any car - other industries plumbers, carpenters get away with charging a hell of a lot more, why shouldn't we charge more for our expertise.

Too many people in this industry willing to screw you over once they have got what they need - good thing is that once you have been around a few years and your customers have tried the fly by night cheapo tints they come back to you, making it more difficult for new comptetion to get a foot in the door. Downside is your only as good as your last job.

Guest walestint
:hmmm

gotta say I love reading this.

Problem is everyone thinks they can become a car window tinter over night. They go on a two or three day course and bingo they're a window tinter. Charge ?100 and kill the market. We get customers ringing up who say they can get car done cheaper - I say you get what you pay for - let them go for the cheap job and let them screw it up.

Same with these companies selling tinting kits with instructions - ends up p1ss1ng people off - they come to us and say how much will we charge to fit their film, I say we won't do it.

Been through all this splicing of film and learning to shrink - it takes time and practice. The more you do the better you get. A 206 is a 15 minute shrink at most - not a problem in one or two pieces. Personally I do everthing in one where possible - inclduing beetle. Thank god Porsche stopped making 944 - that for me was three piece. If you want to learn you gotta stick at it.

THIS INDUSTRY IS TOUGH

Not everyone can become a car window tinter - I think you need a year in a tint shop before your able to handle any car - other industries plumbers, carpenters get away with charging a hell of a lot more, why shouldn't we charge more for our expertise.

Too many people in this industry willing to screw you over once they have got what they need - good thing is that once you have been around a few years and your customers have tried the fly by night cheapo tints they come back to you, making it more difficult for new comptetion to get a foot in the door. Downside is your only as good as your last job.

I'd doubt that carl is wanting to offer cheapo tint prices in order to undermine experienced tinters .. I think he has enough to think about with his tinting as hes just starting out. I think hes come on here for a bit of support :dunno

Carl - have a look through this website theres loadsa info that can help you ... :lol

I'd doubt that carl is wanting to offer cheapo tint prices in order to undermine experienced tinters .. I think he has enough to think about with his tinting as hes just starting out. I think hes come on here for a bit of support :dance

Carl - have a look through this website theres loadsa info that can help you ... :lol2

Apologies - reading it back it turned into a bit of a rant :bat We have some new "competition" happily slating our work on the one hand yet saying they are as good as us on the other.

I never slate any ones work to customers instead I focus on how good we are. Just seems as though few people are in this for the long term these days - seems to be get as much as you can as quick as you can, do shoddy work and let others pick up the pieces. Rant over :lol6

Archived