Peugeot 206

Guest rpt

Guest naughtydog

I presume your competition are undercutting you as well??

Where are you located Tintim??

I think it should be a requirement on here we fill in the location, just so we know who's who.

Naughty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume your competition are undercutting you as well??

Where are you located Tintim??

I think it should be a requirement on here we fill in the location, just so we know who's who.

Naughty

:lol2 Undercutting, but struggling don't think they'll be around long.

We're based in Reading Berkshire, some long way from Cheshire. Thing is it doesn't matter if they are on your doorstep - there is plenty of work out there, without going into your customers and slagging you off.

I do quite a few of these and to shrink them in one piece is quite trickey as you can see from all the mistakes made by people on here.

Just do it in 2 pieces and splice them across one of the heater lines. The lines are pretty think on the 206 so you can hide the cut pretty well.

I have one in today and the guy suppllied his own film he bought of ebay. Was already cut in 2 pieces but wasnt metalized so couldnt be heat shrunk and the join would have crossed over 3 heater lines and looked so bad. Install a film on one of these that aint metalized - Impossible!!

I'm using my own film and charging him more. At the end of the day I dont want to send a car out of my shop that looks crap. Looks bad for me. So get it done right, even if the back window has to be done in 2 pieces.

Good luck mate.

I do quite a few of these and to shrink them in one piece is quite trickey as you can see from all the mistakes made by people on here.

Just do it in 2 pieces and splice them across one of the heater lines. The lines are pretty think on the 206 so you can hide the cut pretty well.

I have one in today and the guy suppllied his own film he bought of ebay. Was already cut in 2 pieces but wasnt metalized so couldnt be heat shrunk and the join would have crossed over 3 heater lines and looked so bad. Install a film on one of these that aint metalized - Impossible!!

I'm using my own film and charging him more. At the end of the day I dont want to send a car out of my shop that looks crap. Looks bad for me. So get it done right, even if the back window has to be done in 2 pieces.

Good luck mate.

What do you mean that film was not metalized so could'nt be heat shrinked? What you mean by metalised and non metalised?

Guest naughtydog
What do you mean that film was not metalized so could'nt be heat shrinked? What you mean by metalised and non metalised?

You can tell which is which by the weight of the box.

Guest CleanCutter

why is that funny? Actually, you CAN tell by weight. Although, I doubt many humans can feel it with their hands.

There used to be a company (Llumar??) that had a chart of all the weights of their film and the weight at varying lengths left on the roll. All you were supposed to do was set the film on a digital scale, get the weight, then find that number on the chart and that number then told you with a foot or so of what was on the roll. Don't know how reliable that was, but no doubt it was probably pretty accurate. A little cumbersome though. Most any experienced tinter can look at the roll and guess pretty close what's left, just by sight.

Guest Diamond Tints
why is that funny? Actually, you CAN tell by weight. Although, I doubt many humans can feel it with their hands.

There used to be a company (Llumar??) that had a chart of all the weights of their film and the weight at varying lengths left on the roll. All you were supposed to do was set the film on a digital scale, get the weight, then find that number on the chart and that number then told you with a foot or so of what was on the roll. Don't know how reliable that was, but no doubt it was probably pretty accurate. A little cumbersome though. Most any experienced tinter can look at the roll and guess pretty close what's left, just by sight.

Why is it funny? Just because it is :dunno Now change your tampon and stop moaning!!

I aint interested about weights of films either :krazy

Archived