Best tint for 2005 Toyota Prius

Guest ruthie

Thanks so much for those name in Naples. I wonder if I should stick with my guy here. However, they only offer the 3M and solarguard or sunguard (I forget which). The sun or solar has no warranty whereas the 3M has lifetime warranty.

I had my toyota landcruiser driver and passenger window tinted some time back at 35% and I was shocked at how different the night time visibilty was.

Of course I wasn't particular with that car as much as this one and I think I got the cheapest job. Certainly no warranty I can think of anyway - so maybe the better 3M will give better visibility at night?

My landcruiser (which I still have) has these little "nicks" like from the seatbelt (although I can't remember the seatbelt hitting the window as many times as there are nicks) I believe came from down in the door/window well somehow and now a big hole is there.

I will fix that. I know - I just thought of a "brilliant" idea - I'll get the 3M product on my Landcruiser and try it out that way!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
However, they only offer the 3M and solarguard or sunguard (I forget which).  The sun or solar has no warranty whereas the 3M has lifetime warranty.

I know - I just thought of a "brilliant" idea - I'll get the 3M product on my Landcruiser and try it out that way!

[*]246267

alot of the long time, established shops don't use 3M. wonder why that is? :eyebrows

That looks awesome blade - exactly what I had in mind. no 3M huh? Well my only TWO reputable guys have that as their "high" end tint.

Does anybody know of anyone in and around Tallahassee, FL (thomasville, GA, etc. that uses that awesome Solargard Quantum film

Ok I see "my guy" has the solarguard according to their website. This is his "cheaper line" without the warranty. The warranty only comes with the 3M product. now what?

Guest thetintshop

if you can't find quantum, find someone who uses LLumar Platinum Plus, it's very comparable to quantum in looks. and just about everything else.

I've installed both over the years, and both are very good films. :eyebrows

Guest Total tint
However, they only offer the 3M and solarguard or sunguard (I forget which).? The sun or solar has no warranty whereas the 3M has lifetime warranty.

? I know - I just thought of a "brilliant" idea - I'll get the 3M product on my Landcruiser and try it out that way!

[*]246267

alot of the long time, established shops don't use 3M. wonder why that is? :cool

[*]246284

\

bingo :cool

Guest Erick

Hi - sorry to bring out an old topic but I figured it would be easier then starting a new one...

I also have an 05 Prius but I have the Navigation system in it (antenna in the dash). I have heard mixed things about getting non-metallic tint, non-reflective tint, etc, to not interfere with the signal. Someone has told me that it doesn't really matter since the antenna is so far up on the dash it has a clear view of the sky. He did say, however, the reflective tint may mess with the cell phone reception. I have a place in town (Los Angeles) that will do Solarguard NR Grey for $130 or 3M non-metallic w/ lifetime warranty for $195. Not sure what to do... I really like the look of the relfective tint since my car is silver it would like nice but I don't want my GPS or cell reception affected. Also, I don't want to go with a lesser non-metallic tint that won't look as nice or will need replacing. Anyone know a place that has that Huperoptic Cermanic tint in LA? Thanks for any advice!!!! :inot

Archived