Doing an alero

Guest darkdan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Windshieldwizard

one of the easier cars on the market dont stress it shouldnt be a problem to do and I know that feeling of winter look at my weather icon its chiily here -39 today and -53 with the wind

Cake walk, extremely easy back glass, hardly any shrink to it. On the 4 doors, the rear roll ups move a little bit and expose more glass as they come down, so make sure you do your roll down check (like you should on all cars) so you don't install it and then have them roll it down a few days later sporting an inch gap on the front edge.

Other than that, nothing to worry about. :cool

Another tip(if this is your style for tinting) is it's I believe only 1 screw where the door handle is on the inside, then pull triangle peice of in corner(mirror cover with tweeter) then pull back upper lip of panel and remove felt gasket for easier/cleaner install...takes 30 seconds for this step (no full panel removal nessesary unless you want to) :cool

Another tip(if this is your style for tinting) is it's I believe only 1 screw where the door handle is on the inside, then pull triangle peice of in corner(mirror cover with tweeter) then pull back upper lip of panel and remove felt gasket for easier/cleaner install...takes 30 seconds for this step (no full panel removal nessesary unless you want to)  :copcar

[*]246460

Cleaner? How do you figure that? I've done tons of these and never had a problem with a clean install, or any car that I tuck for that matter.

If pulling panels or seals is your thing, thats cool I have no beef cause everyone has their own trick, or way of going about things. But saying it's cleaner or easier is just being arrogant in your own ways.

Sorry, I know this is just going to p1ss people off, but seriously, why tell someone something that isn't true and is only the way a certain person(s) do it :thumb

And for the "arrogant" comment, a peace offering :thumb

Tintnfool...what is so arrogent about saying in my first line : " If this your style for tinting". If it's not .

Fine.

Secondly ..you are a WAY more experienced tinter than Darkdan almost 3 yrs more.

The odds are if the learning and inquisitive Darkdan takes the 30 second proceedure I suggested assuming he's worked a screwdriver B4 and does this..he has removed an item(gasket) which is a great source for contaminent to an in experienced tinterthat's learning. On this car I'm suggesting it's a good trade of...30sec. for removing a dirt source. What the &^% is so arrogent about that advice? If you like saving the 30 seconds and you give a great clean install through other techniques..great, but why not use the time you took to type out I'm arrogant to type out your quicker and less time consuming, clean install procedure to Darkdan instead?

A peace offering for the arrogent comment is called editing it if it was a true offering or did you still want to say it by getting your point across.

Don't back pedal man..if you say I'm arrogent ..stand behind it and back it up.

If yo truely don't mean it , than that's fine...I'll tell you this much though ..I've participated on this site for a while now and you are the first tinter on here to ever call me arrogent ...are they all being nice to me in not saying it or are you mistaken.

Look forward to your next post.

Guest thetintshop
Cleaner?  How do you figure that?  I've done tons of these and never had a problem with a clean install, or any car that I tuck for that matter.

If pulling panels or seals is your thing, thats cool I have no beef cause everyone has their own trick, or way of going about things.  But saying it's cleaner or easier is just being arrogant in your own ways.

Sorry, I know this is just going to p1ss people off, but seriously, why tell someone something that isn't true and is only the way a certain person(s) do it  :thumb

And for the "arrogant" comment, a peace offering  :thumb

[*]247395

here's all I have to say. TW has been at this as long as I have, and you've been doing this for 3 years. he's forgotton more about film than you'll ever know. does that make him arrogant? probably. but he's one of the best at not showing his arrogance.

and I'll take his suggestions over yours any day of the week. the mere questioning of someone with 7 times your experience is idiotic in itself.

watch what you say and who you're saying it to next time.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Arrogant? TW? :bingo Not hardly! :thumb I think you'd better get your little a$$ back up on the porch tintinfool. :thumb

:thumb If someone suggested a simple tip for me that saved the agony of that last slide down in the land of fuzz I'd sure take it and appreciate the hell out of it. Thanks TW :copcar Mighty thoughtful of ya.

Archived