tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
TINT

your own warranty card to customer

I wholeheartedly disagree. The Manu's by and large only pay for the film and not labor. I'll be damned if I do a strip and retint only to be reimbursed for the amout of film used. Not to mention, a LIFETIME warranty on a product that lasts 5 years tops.

Screw that.

I give the customer a sheet that I make up myself plus I give them the manufacture's card. I don't know why you wouldn't provide them with the film company's card??? I think it's a great selling point that they are covered if they move.

So Eric, you going to S+R a car from anothet tinter only to be reimbursed on a future film purchase for the amount of film you used on that S+R and give up the labor for free? Dude, I got some beach front property in Nevada you might be interested in.

for the record (for all you dumb mofos)

"Shades by Blade"

that's nothing to do with me in that article :spit

So Eric, you going to S+R a car from anothet tinter only to be reimbursed on a future film purchase for the amount of film you used on that S+R and give up the labor for free? Dude, I got some beach front property in Nevada you might be interested in.

[*]349115

Heck yes. I take all the business I can get my hands on. The customer I'm doing a re-do for might be my customer down the road. Unlike most of the people on this site I tint as a side business for "fun" money so my situation is different than most.

As far as the beach property....I already have a summer lake place at my diposal. But thanks for the offer :spit

Guest expertint

I've been in the same location for 18yrs.I do this for a living.I've been through 3m failure in the mid 80's..That film only lasted 2yrs. and had a lifetime warranty.I ate alot of 3m cause their warr. is the worst..Still is. Sinse useing lulu for 15yrs I've had very few failures and the ones I've had were pretty much paid by them.I must see a warranty card and reciept.I copy them and send them to the lulu warr. dept.They credit me OK for the labor and film.That is better than just eating everything myself cause I'm a nice guy.No inv. or warr. card no warranty..

its not a big deal, with these warranty cards, if you ever do have a comeback, just keep the paperwork you gave the customer or make a copy, send to manufacturer and they will also credit you back, like I said no big deal. I guess we are on an open forum and express what we feel, but its just simply a suggestion if anyone would want to do it in they're business in the near future or what not. its worked out for the company im in since I think its '86 or earlier im not sure, I was too young :lol . but helll guys if you dont like the whole idea, ignore it, dont give unnecessary comments of which, if it would work or not. take it as you will, just a suggestion. take it or dump it. :spit

Guest Diamond Tints

I had a warranty issue with a film company couple of years ago with about 10 cars what did I get to strip and retint all these cars, 1 roll of film thats what!!!!!! So some of these companies are full of :lol6:lol6 BIG TIME no names or anything **cough johnsons cough** ass holes im my own opinion but at the end of the day I no longer use these cowboys so as to warranties is there such a thing??

I've been in the same location for 18yrs.I do this for a living.I've been through 3m failure in the mid 80's..That film only lasted 2yrs. and had a lifetime warranty.I ate alot of 3m cause their warr. is the worst..Still is. Sinse useing lulu for 15yrs I've had very few failures and the ones I've had were pretty much paid by them.I must see a warranty card and reciept.I copy them and send them to the lulu warr. dept.They credit me OK for the labor and film.That is better than just eating everything myself cause I'm a nice guy.No inv. or warr. card no warranty..

[*]349172

:bling Amen Expert-being in the same location for years-factory warranties do come into play-I'm not eating any strip/retints because I'm too lazy to fill out the paperwork! And by the way-MY film distributor pays invoice face value. be it film credit-same as cash in my book!

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I still think it is a good idea to have your own along with info on what to expect and what to do and not do with your tint job. If it is written down on the invoice they shouldn't come back crying later saying you didn't tell them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this