Remote start problem

Guest icyford

Guest icyford

Hello

I have a Ford F250 Superduty 2004. The dealer installed a Ford Remote Start at my request. At first everything was ok. After 2-3 months it changed to the worse. Now, after I start the truck with the remote start, and then open the door with the remote, the engine shuts off. That is I can not enter the truck with out the engine going off first. Could anyone help on that.

Thx.

Icy

Hello

I have a Ford F250 Superduty 2004. The dealer installed a Ford Remote Start at my request. At first everything was ok. After 2-3 months it changed to the worse. Now, after I start the truck with the remote start, and then open the door with the remote, the engine shuts off. That is I can not enter the truck with out the engine going off first. Could anyone help on that.

Thx.

Icy

[*]248392

[/quote

Hello if the truck is diesel it might be the modual for the glow plugs from the remote start. the modual is most likely a vacum modual.

or it be that the remote start brain needs to be reset. it happens sometimes. but as a last resort it could be bad brain. ford doesnt make a factory remote start they more than likely subcontracted the job out or have a installer that works for them. id take it back to them to have it checked out. :thumb