Saturn Ion 2 Door

Guest TintEater

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintEater

Piece of cake!! The only thing I had the smallest problem with was getting the film behind the rubber seal. It kept pushing up against the film and making fingers. I got that shiznit though, and it came out b*mb. Next!

Guest Eclipse

I have a soulution to this problem. New Mercedes, Saturns and Dodges no longer have a soft felt sweep. Scratching is going to happen so.....what we do is take those plastic or rubber sweeps out and sand them with 100 grit sand paper. Sand them till they feel soft. Roughing up the surface seems to solve that problem. It gives dust some place to hide.

I searched this site to see if anyone had mentioned this. Didn't find it mentioned. Sorry if I am revisiting an old subject. :rollin

Guest tintgod
I have a soulution to this problem. New Mercedes, Saturns and Dodges no longer have a soft felt sweep. Scratching is going to happen so.....what we do is take those plastic or rubber sweeps out and sand them with 100 grit sand paper. Sand them till they feel soft. Roughing up the surface seems to solve that problem. It gives dust some place to hide.

I searched this site to see if anyone had mentioned this. Didn't find it mentioned. Sorry if I am revisiting an old subject. :lol

good tip...but most of us here us felt strips on those cars....you should try it...works good..and you can charge to but the felt strips in... :rollin

Archived