Help! Rolled down the driver window 1/2 way

Guest jiffy

Hey everyone, not a tinting professional, just a customer...

I knew not to roll the windows down, and even put the window lock on so no one else would on accident, but out of habbit, to clear some snow off my drivers window, I accidentally rolled it halfway down.

I realized my mistake quickly, and rolled it back up right away. It looks ok to me, but can someone tell me if I did something real bad, or if it will all be ok?

Im really nervous that I just spent all this money, and may have ruined one of the windows.

Someone help!

Ok, thanks for your input guys. Based on what you all said, and what I have seen, everytyhing will be OK.

Luckily I have learned my lesson (the easy way) and will be sure not to roll them down for a while.

Thanks again.

If it didn't sound like a kid pouring a bowl of cereal on the way down, it's probably fine.

[*]259969

Great description... :hmmm

I have rolled windows down within a couple hours of installation... no worries as long as it's been installed leaving very little water beneath it. They don't call it pressure sensitive adhesive for kicks... less water, more pressure, the stronger the bond... :hmmm

Now this isn't a blanket endorsement for rolling windows down right after install, because you never know when the right conditions are there for peel up. :hmmm

if you didnt hear a bunch of CRUNCHING AND CRINKLING sounds when you did it you will be OK. the main thing to worry about is the film hanging on the gasket at the top of the window. if its not peeling off it will be OK.

Archived