from the "STUPID CUSTOMER FILE"

last summer I strip and retinted a backglass on a new caddy it had holes and scratches in the film. first thing I noticed ws it was all limo :beer so when I tinted the backglass I made sure I put BACKGLASS ONLY on the warranty card so we couldnt get blamed for the dark tint. fast forward 9 months and this car pulls into out shop with NEW owners (they just bought it used of a car lot) in it :lol

the guy strolls in and says he got a ticket for illeagal tint and we did it and he wants us to pay for the ticket and fix the tint. my boss went out and looked at the car with him and noticed it was illegal adn talls the guy we didnt do it. This is when the guy and his wife start to get shivtty with him. the lady smarts off and says "you did it too dark didnt ya" :inot my boss ask for the warranty card and it says "backglass only" :lol6 which is perfectly legal with limo on it :lol6 the guy says well uhhh well uhhhh I guess your off the hook then :lol:lol6:broken

we give the guy a price for strip and retint with legal tint 2 weeks later they come in and have it done legal. fast forward 1 month the guy sneaks into my shop bypassing the front counter and is asking for some samples of my 15% and 5% :inot then he proceeds to tell me that his neighbor is a DPS officer :inot adn they are going to put the 15% on the windows and 5% on there and test it with his light meter :yoda HELLO LDUMB FVCK!!!!!! the law is 25% net on the doors 15% and 5% are too dark right out of the get go :lol6 he tells me he will get back with me when he finds out what he wants to do :lol6 we are NOT going to tint it any darker I have news for his monkey azzz :spit

HOW STUPID do you have to be to get caught with illegal tint and cry and moan about it then try and do it all over again knowing its a 195 dollar ticket :nope

he was telling me his wife`s eyes were sensitive to light and all that crap like I care, get some fvcking sun glassses azzhole.

he asked about a doctors permit and all tha crap he got mad when we told him he had to have paperwork filed with the state of texas the THEY would decide if he needs darker tint :dunno he says "ITS NOT AUTOMATIC IF I HAVE A DOCTORS NOTE" :rollin

I am SICK OF THESE FREAKING PEOPLE!!!!!!

did they do away with the doctors note crap in the last law change? anybody from texas know?

Guest thetintshop

as far as I know, you still have to have a permit from the state. a doctors note won't get you anywhere.

the cops here have been cracking down a little on the tint--now that they know how to use their light meters. and I've noticed people haven't been demanding illegal as much lately. (also could be the nice big sign I have out front that says "DO NOT ASK ME TO TINT YOUR CAR ILLEGALLY")

but I still have quite a few people wanting it darker than 35%. mainly people with SUVs and crew cab trucks.

I've about had it with these assclowns. I understand that most people don't understand the law, and alot of people understand when I tell them the law. but it's the ones who insist on argueing with me about it that have me to boiling point.

"well I see all these other cars with illegal tint, and they never get stopped" :beer

yeah, and alot of people smoke dope too and never get caught, doesn't make it legal. fukkin morons.

yeah, and alot of people smoke dope too and never get caught, doesn't make it legal. fukkin morons.

I love analogies :beer

"my friend/son/somebody I know has had illegal tint for yeras and has never been caught."

AND

"I know a guy at a inspecton station that will pass my car with illegal tint so I am not worried"

JEEEEEEZUs I wich I had a dime for every time I heard those comments :inot

Guest thetintshop
"I know a guy at a inspecton station that will pass my car with illegal tint so I am not worried"

[*]266481

oh god, if I hear this line one more time, I'm gonna puke. :beer

I cringe every time someone says that. I always reply with "getting passed for inspection is the least of your worries. I'd be more worried about that guy who's looking to sue somebody and buy his wife a new murano." :inot

another one is that when they get pulled over for dark tint, they try to look at any flaw they can find in the tint, that way if you have to redo them, they say, oh can you do the lightest one since you have redo them? :passout:lol2

Guest KEDman

You ought to be in Louisiana where the law for front doors is 40%, NO ONE wants that, and they act like its our fault. And if they ask us 20 times so what shade goes on the front, somehow it will change. Don't know what they don't understand about , ITS THE LAW. And I didn't make it up.

I thought Texas this past year changed to 25% on all four doors?

Guest KEDman
another one is that when they get pulled over for dark tint, they try to look at any flaw they can find in the tint, that way if you have to redo them, they say, oh can you do the lightest one since you have redo them?  :passout  :lol2

[*]266648

Yea heard that one a few hundred times, we always tell them if we change the shade we have to charge you. Then they figure out we are not idiots.

Guest DSMTommy

Yea, Pa's pretty crazy with their 70% law for all car windows...... It's like clear plastic, but the laws the law, and people just don't want to see that...... I love when they say "if I get pulled over, I won't tell them you did it......." and you don't do it. Then the next day or so you see them pulled over with some a$$ tint somebody hacked or they did themselves...... I get such a kick out of it.....

Archived