European Tinters

Guest HB Tinting

Guest HB Tinting

I've been based in the USA tinting for four years and I usually refer to TintDude. Out of curiosity I've been reading the postings for Europe and can't help wondering two things:

- when you talk about good money, what is it exactly?

- what about tinting in France, Italy , Portugal and Spain? I hardly find guys from those countries in this site, do they have their own in their language?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been based in the USA tinting for four years and I usually refer to TintDude. Out of curiosity I've been reading the postings for Europe and can't help wondering two things:

- what about tinting in France, Italy , Portugal and Spain? I hardly find guys from those countries in this site, do they have their own in their language?

[*]266502

I worked at an aerospace factory until recently (not tinting) and a bloke I used to work with went on a tint course here in the uk about 2 years ago, he then practised steadily on friends and familys cars until 6 months ago, he emigrated to spain to start a tint shop and has had to take other part time jobs to fill in due to a low demand. I cant believe that a place like spain doesnt have the need for tinting anywhere near as much as the uk. he says there is only one other tint bay within 20 km of him and they dont appear to be that busy either.

I have been tinting for mates for a few years but only decided to take a course to correct bad habits in december, I have now left my full time job and hope to add tinting to my other offerings (mileage correction, vehicle diagnostics and mobile phone unlocking and repairs) I can honestly say that this forum has given me so much info already its untrue.

thanks for such a good site.

Guest HB Tinting
There are plenty of flat glass people in Spain

For cars your film have to be approved by the government otherwise

you are not allowed film on your car.

Only side back and back windows are allowed.

[*]266544

Where are you located Glassprotect?

Guest HB Tinting

I can't believe either that a country like Spain and with such a climate does not have a tint industry.

How big is it in the UK? From the comments on this site it sounds big that's why I was asking how big is it? I can help and provide any info on the US market if interested in comparing.

[*]266502

1. Good money - there are places in Europe where ONE CAR TINTING (excluding two front glasses) cost appr. $1000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS).

2. On my info FRANCE&SPAIN are very good for tinting. Italy too. Have NO INFO ABOUT Portugal.

There are some people from spain on board, but post a little. France and Italy - :passout As I remember also one person was from Portugal.

I can't believe either that a country like Spain and with such a climate does not have a tint industry.

How big is it in the UK? From the comments on this site it sounds big that's why I was asking how big is it? I can help and provide any info on the US market if interested in comparing.

[*]266549

In UK is very big flat glass market regarding BS6206 :lol2 But believe me - largest market is in Russia....And China....And Latin America :passout

Guest HB Tinting

1. Good money - there are places in Europe where ONE CAR TINTING (excluding two front glasses) cost appr. $1000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS).

US$1,000!!!!

Where in Europe is that?

Also, is that an exception or regular basis?

Archived