Steamers

The tint was too far gone ...wanted t obreak up into little peices and have layer seperation...I resorted to my other way of doing it...using my 40000btu heater to burn th film off...glue and all layer off the back window of a sunfire in under 10 minutes :dunno

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tint was too far gone ...wanted t obreak up into little peices and have layer seperation...I resorted to my other way of doing it...using my 40000btu heater to burn th film off...glue and all layer off the back window of a sunfire in under 10 minutes  :dunno

[*]268724

Show a pic of that bad boy again. I just use a heat gun when it's too far gone. Same principle, but your mega blower sounds like it makes quicker work of it. :dunno

Show a pic of that bad boy again.  I just use a heat gun when it's too far gone. Same principle, but your mega blower sounds like it makes quicker work of it. :spank

[*]268730

Yeah..that it does OT ..this thing was worth it's weight in gold ...if for nothing else ...stripping off tint + keeps you nice and warm on the patio in winter while having a beer :music

post-104-1111383377.jpg

post-104-1111383439.jpg

as close as you would as a heat gun. A whole large back glass can be heated to the proper temp for easy removal in about 2-3 minutes.

Can the glass beak? Yes it can

Have I ever broken one ? No I haven't

Have I done many this way? Yes many ,many

I this method for everyone ? No it's not

Whe ever I've brought this method up B4 I 've been read the riot act about it from a few here and there...so instead of going through all that again..I thought I'd just post the above :spank

I have a thread on it in more detail on here somewhere :music

I've shown 3 people in the business this method 2 tinters...1 film rep.

the 2 tinters were so impressed with the method..they both ran out and bought this heater 1 tinter listened to my advice on how to do it...the other figured he knew a better way than mine...that guy cracked the back glass in a million peices and never touched it again...the tinter that actually LISTENED to my instructions has used it sever times never to have shattered a back glass.

The film rep was very impressed with the method , however said he wouldn't recommend it as part of training courses because of guys like the first tinter that I showed :lol2

Guest darkdan

If you want to try out the wagner wallpaper steamer MOST (not all) sherwin williams stores rent them for about $10 a day. Most sell them for about $75 a day.

I was scarred off from using this method yrs ago when the adhesive holding the roof cloth liner let go and drooped! Ever worry of this or was it just a fluke that it happened in your opinion?

[*]268340

It was a fluke, I promise you. Humidity does k!ll headliners. But yours was going to come down soon enough without the help of your steamer. Unless it was new and the folks didn't use enough adhesive when installing, I have seen that happen. If the foam backing is still attatched to the fabric, you can reglue it. If not it will need to be recovered. We do alot of headliners here and you can usually tell if they are about to delaminate, if the fabric is dried out or cracked looking, you may want to let the customer know about before hand if you see that it is in rough condition. :inot :poop

But yours was going to come down soon enough without the help of your steamer.

[*]268934

Yeah ..I agree ..it was a fluke..enough people use steam to disagree with that :dunno

However , if the liner was going to come down sooner or later...I would have prefered later...afte rcustomer has paid....and it wasn't MY steam that "helped " it along as the car was in my care :lol2:dunno

Hey Tintwizard....

As a fellow Canadian I am wondering how the Wagner steamer worked out....I have a small portable one I use for side windows but I want to get a more serious one for my shop. I have heard Jiffy's are great but I have not seen them in Canada....

Too bad we can't use snow to remove tint Eh?

By the way do you know Bob?

Guest nautiboi73

Followed OT advice and getting a Wagner wal paper steamer.

I did buy the little hand held steamer but I can just imagine the refills that I will have to do with that lil monster.

OT I see you have been taling about this steamer on here since 02 :thumb

Archived