F-1 tonight

Guest thetintshop

helluva end to the nascar race today :dunno

Dude, I'm not sure I understood the F1 rules today, they werent allowed to change tires and yet had to be showing 4 grooves on each tire at race end? What kind of stupid ass rule is that? :dunno :dunno

Guest thetintshop

yep, that's new for this year. they have to race on the same tires they qualify with, and have to race the entire race on the same set. AND, the tires have to still be showing 4 grooves at the end of the race.

it's supposed to make the drivers conserve their tires instead of going ballz out, and make the racing better. :dunno (it's also designed to help the owners save some money)

another new rule is an engine has to last for 2 races.

not sure the long term effects of these rules, but it's obvious they're making an impact just from the first 2 races.

too many rules for my taste, like we talked about the other day during golf it should be wide open. :dunno It cheapens the sport to have so many rules.

It's like telling runningbacks in football that they can't carry the ball more than 20 yards during a play to make "it fair for weaker teams"

Guest thetintshop
too many rules for my taste, like we talked about the other day during golf it should be wide open. :dunno It cheapens the sport to have so many rules.

It's like telling runningbacks in football that they can't carry the ball more than 20 yards during a play to make "it fair for weaker teams"

[*]268700

well, actually they do that---it's called a "SALARY CAP".

Archived