Warranties. Who should honor them?

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

:lol2

You guys won't believe this but just after I wrote this a lady with a 85 300zx that we put 3m on in 1992 pulled up with her warranty and you know what the film looks like..I don't even know who to send this warranty to but we're getting er done...13 yr old 3m car film..not a pretty sight..gotta practice what we preach.

[*]269513

That is whats right. Honor your warranty. I give my customers a manufacturers warranty card, filled out with roll #s and all, and I keep records. If I die, they still have a warranty, but if I am still here I'll honor it. period. even tho I may not still carry the brand originally installed. 3m said that they will pay me to redo the job, :spit provided I can provide roll #s and date of Install, and originall purchase price :hump So Iwill take care of the poor SOB.

Bottom line people, keep track of roll #s and put them on your warrantys if you dont give mfgrs cards, if you dont, your screwing up upr name and screwing your customer.

I STILL cant believe that this Alta Mere is doing buisness like this. :bat I've known the owner since he started, and thought he was a stand up guy.

This customer was no cheap skate. He opted for the more than double price for 3M film. And he tints ALL his cars, and wants to talk about his house as well. I help him out, it can only come back as good on me :bingo He will tell everyone about me and my service, and THAT my friends is what makes or breaks us. I dont mean eating @#$%..... :spit But sometimes a little in this slow time can go a loooong way. 25 bucks in film aint gonna break me, and if that turns into 2 or 3 more cars, hell, thats the BEST money I ever spent on advertising :bingo

Guest Key West
If you sell a reputable film than you have a factory warranty to give to the customer and that is better than any "shop warranty". The customer should be told that it is nationwide warranty honored by any dealer,then it is the manu's responsibility to honor it .That way the warranty is properly issued and is valid for repayment for future labor.I have very few warrantees but the ones I do have I always get reimbursed for them..Why not!! A shop near me changed owners then bak again and he switched film and is not honoring his warranties.If it is an easy redo we do it for PR purposes.If it is a hard one we can pass on doing it.This makes our co. look good and theirs look evil..Thats a good thing.

[*]269504

You said a mouthful. GOOD business ethics. Nice to see in this cutthroat, gimme yer money business. Thanx Expertint!!! :lol2:spit:spit

even though im a young buck here then most heres my opinion,

when doing a tinting job you either give a manu. warranty card or your own warranty card, ok lets say 8-10 years go by and its bad, like TD says, nothing lasts forever so lets get real here, so now, the way we work is that after 2 years if a customer has a comlaint or whatever they are suppose to pay for the labor of the tint job, and still covered for not paying the film again, ever, at least how we warranty it. now regarding alta mere, I think its just bs for them to not try to cover the warranty by saying they dont use XXXX company, that's just another way of luring a customer to another shop, frankly im not surprised I see it happen all the time, we have switched companies over the years, every now and then you know a warranty claim has come by, we honor it and end of story, if you did the job with your receipt then why not? your in business so you must.

wether you switched companies or not.

but I dont know how most of you guys work, there should be a labor charge down the road when there is a complaint.

but really, how many times a month do you get people coming in that you did 16 years ago? I can , I can use my right hand and count, and it would only take 2 fingers every 6 months or so, and maybe. not all people keep they're cars over 5 years, every once in a while you seee that, but really?

I may have left out somthing here but o well its my :copcar

Archived