bullshiznit day

Guest learner

Guest learner

Helluvaday!!! DId and avalanche this morning (my first time on this back glass). It kicked my arse. Soldering the connections together was not as easy as I thought. This guy must have been mudriding since he got the damn thing. Dirt everywhere. the gaskets on all windows are full of dirt. I redid Pass window 2 times b/c of contamination. :spank I told him to check with me at 1 he came back at ( dropped off at 830) 10. I said still 1 to give my self plenty of time, called at 1130. I had his cell # and told him I would call him. GEESEUS man. Took me twice as long to do the damn this as it should have. Next is an 05 titan 2 fronts went pretty smooth. 04 trailblazer fronts went ok except had another customer talking when I hit the down button it went to auto and destroyed my film. It took me all day to do this. should have been only half a days work for me or a little over. man I should have just went fishing today. Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry for the long post. :lol6:lol6

Guest learner

I read on here that you could use a soldering iron to get those rear defroster tabs to let go and then re solder them so that you dont have to cut around the copper connections. Turned out for a really clean install.

Guest learner

I did remove the back glass. It was just a combo of things on it that made me want to pull my hair out. Plus I was pi$$ed off today b/c I didnt tint any thing mon, tues and 1 on wed. then today everybody wants it done today. Got 3 booked tomorrow and started on next week. Why does every one wait until the last minute to get something done??

No offense, but I think you are telling a little white lie on your "years in the field". Sorry, but someone with 5 years in the field should not be having these problems. Someone with 5 years experiance should be able to take most any car regardless of the problems, assess what needs to be done in a mater of moments, and tackle the problem right away with little or no problem other than it being a pain in the arse on some rigs.

Don't beat yourself up over that back glass. It's a little tricky, but the next one will be easy now that you have an idea of what needs to happen.

And as for your customers that are like that....get used to it cause there is plenty more where that came from. I'm assuming you are running solo with no help or receptionist or anything, so I imagine that can be frustrating being bothered constantly while you are working and can take a toll a person that is already having a rough day.

There is a tip in the auto forum how how to help tackle this backglass....same way I do it.

Guest learner

man a guy with 5 + years exp now has a bad day, a back glass gives him fits, and customers are a pain, he comes here to vent a little thinking some one in the same field could relate to it and gets accused of being a liar. I AM NOT, I have been tinting for over 5 years, So now I have to be an expert and not have amy problems GEESE man I guess you never screw up anymore or are you telling your white lies. Some folks are harsh on this web site. There is a lot of great iinformation on this site and great folks but some critize folks way to much. Man If you dont have a positive answer or reply. Keep it. The back glass I wasnt satisified with I could have turned it out but I wasnt happy with it.

If you guys knew me, you would know that alot of what I say isn't intended to be, well, I guess I could say taken to heart because that's the only way I can think to say it right now even though it sounds kinda :lol2:thumb

Dude, I screw up just like everyone else does. I was probably having a rough day myself when I posted that was all. I was kinda harsh in that post from the way it will be read, but I didn't mean to come across quite that bad. I guess what's easy for one person is hard for another, and vice versa. I'm sure there are back glasses that give me hell that you laugh at and that I would spend easily 2 or 3 times the minutes you spend on it, so sorry if I made it seem that I was implying that I was a flawless installer on everthing I do.

One round on me guys :thumb

Archived