DEALERS

Guest Hawk3D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once the inside water leak guy at a dealer, making about $10.00/hr.... Then came baby..., I had to do something, so I left out to do it on my own from the trunk of my car, that was 1998.

After adding a list of other services, incl. tinting we (wife and I) now we have a 2500sq ft shop serving about 12 dealers.

Nothing is more rewarding than to know I/ we did it on our own.

I've had many dealerships and other folks try to get me to do their work in house. I tell them I am for HIRE...NOT for SALE.

There are some Dealers that are no longer subletting services like detailing, accessories, PDR and others, choosing to do it in house, with lots of success. I believe there are enough cars on the road for us all.

I don't know of anyone that has ever gone to work for a dealer doing tinting and not gottin screwed :hmmm they never deliver on there promises and even if you get decent pay and bebifits the first time they change owners or managers you are out the door :eyebrows Really think about it

[*]270403

Yep!

Guest atypicaldave
ANYBODY OUT THERE EVER WORK FOR A DEALERSHIP. NEED INFO :hmmm

[*]270253

Worked a large dealer network in the Ft Myers area back in 1990 for about six months. 3M suit in the area landed the position for me. Thought I'd give it a go. Not great pay, but the benefits made up a little on what the salary lacked. Went from there to freelancing several shops in Naples, which lead to me purchasing one of the shops I was doing work for.

It's a last resort kind of thing and it certainly filled the payroll void I had at that tumultuous time in my life. :lol Got to do what you got to do... :eyebrows

Guest Hawk3D

thanks for all the input, I think ill take a leap of faith &go for it will keep posted(if interested) just looking for security and benefits . btw, had shop in miami 10 years, 5 years in orlando.stupid young man and pissed it away :eyebrows . live and learn. after 27 years in biz im not looking to get rich. does feel a little bit like selling out though.

thanks for all the input, I think ill take a leap of faith &go for it will keep posted(if interested) just looking for security and benefits . btw, had shop in miami 10 years, 5 years in orlando.stupid young man and pissed it away :hmmm . live and learn. after 27 years in biz im not looking to get rich. does feel a little bit like selling out though.

[*]270625

wow :eyebrows

Archived