Advertise Here

half round trapizoids

Guest LukeNukem

Guest LukeNukem

Sunday I'm doing a couple rooms with these trapizoid windows with half-round tops, and of course I'm using a ladder. Any tricks to making the trimming easier on these?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintPoser
Sunday I'm doing a couple rooms with these trapizoid windows with half-round tops, and of course I'm using a ladder.  Any tricks to making the trimming easier on these?

[*]270302

cut the arch about 1/2 over before you haul them up the ladder.

Cut them as a rectangle fitst, then fold them in half. cut a half circle of the top. Unfold them and re-roll.

Are you doing any other windows in the house? If so....use a piece of clear liner from one of those other windows to make a quick pattern of the half arch. You can lay it on the film and use it to make a 'rough cut,' slightly oversizing it, to make it easier to handle the piece of film once you're up on the ladder.

Guest tintgod
Are you doing any other windows in the house?  If so....use a piece of clear liner from one of those other windows to make a quick pattern of the half arch.  You can lay it on the film and use it to make a 'rough cut,' slightly oversizing it, to make it easier to handle the piece of film once you're up on the ladder.

[*]270313

good call blade...nice advice.. :bat

Are you doing any other windows in the house?  If so....use a piece of clear liner from one of those other windows to make a quick pattern of the half arch.  You can lay it on the film and use it to make a 'rough cut,' slightly oversizing it, to make it easier to handle the piece of film once you're up on the ladder.

[*]270313

good call blade...nice advice.. :bat

[*]270314

I agree :bat

Archived