Solorgard my only choice

Guest finalrinse

Guest finalrinse

I'm getting a new Mazda 3 5dr. Hatch in a couple of weeks. I live in the Detroit Michigan area. I've been checking but my options are limited as far as different company tints. The only game in town is Auto Ameristar (7 locations). They exclusively use Solorgard, it may be HP but not sure yet. Should I just go with them? Or do you recommend someone else? I don't mind driving 50 miles; just don't know where to go. I want a high quality tint and install.

Thanks!

Guest atypicaldave

Why drive 50 miles to get another decent product when you have one available right in front of you? It's the install that is most important, if you get a crappy one 50 miles away, that's a lot of time spent driving to and from if they don't get it right the first time. :twocents

Keep it local, you certainly can't go wrong with the product mentioned. Ask friends, family coworkers about their experiences with film installs, go by a local shop and look at their work and decide from there. Not from feedback on an internet discussion board. Although, I'm sure the opportunity to help you is welcomed by many here.

Guest finalrinse

Thanks for all the replies. Ok, it sounds like Solorgard is good, and I will keep it local, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a good installer. I don't have friends with window tint I can ask for a recommendation, so I guess it will be the luck of the draw. Unless someone on this board has used AmeriStar and can recommend a particular person in the metropolitan Detroit area, but that is probably highly unlikely. I do appreciate everyone?s comments. By the way, I'm keeping it legal, no tint on the front door glasses in Michigan.

Thanks again!

Guest finalrinse
That's all I use for auto tinting.  Click the link on my sig and you can see how it looks installed.

[*]271105

Looks great! good work.

Guest finalrinse
go to a few of them and ask to see some of their work..that will give you some kinda idea of what kinda work they do...

[*]271175

I'll do that, thanks!

Archived